NEWBIE DESPERATELY SEEKING WORDS OF WISDOM ON MY MICRA

Hi everyone im Bhavin/Bav from London/Essex,

I bought a 2008 160sr with just 25k on clock and 1 owner from Eastbourne Nissan February this year, thought it was worth the drive and being a late registered car a little rarer than rest.

bought the car, it was fine then everything started going wrong, I might be exaggerating but gods honest truth this is how I feel.

the car start squealing on cold starts guessing it was the aux belt, the clutch was getting very stiff/harder to push.

when you rev the engine you notice a rattle/noise that only happens at one precise moment which is at just above 2000rpm. took it to my local Nissan dealer as I've got the Nissan 4 cared warranty and servicing etc. anyway they looked at it accepted that there is something wrong. got the warranty technician/guy to come down fault find and approve a new engine or not.

so ive got this new engine in now its been just over a month maybe a little less and 1200-1300 miles later the noise is still there and the engine feels worse than the one that was in the car originally. noisy idle when cold, feel it a lot more through the cabin and noise/vibrations through dash from the vibrations. I know I'm not lying or making it up but I didn't pay a penny for the 4k worth of work done via warranty at Nissan .

I also spent 400 quid on a new clutch as I didn't have to pay labour as everything was out. if this was the case I wouldn't of even done so. they also had the car for 12 days, while doing the engine change.

now I have this horrid knocking sound while driving from the front that started end of last week.

now I took it back to Nissan on Monday after coming off 6 nights of work and they said its running sweet as a nut and the noise has been rectified a little bit, also its not a aston and I should expect noises. then the service manager/foreman says he will find another 160sr if available to see if its a natural characteristic of the engine. so I asked why change the engine if you didn't know.

please please help me with some advice as im f'kin pulling my hair out I downgraded my car to this to save money all round with fuel insurance etc plus I pay finance on it as Im the only one working parents are old and retired.

kind regards

bhavin

Back