Hi All,
i've only just joined up, and thought i'd ask a bit of advice. I've had my micra a few years now, and i never seem to use it. I've decided it's a waste to not use it and i had it on ebay recently and noone seemed to want it, so i guess i'm stuck!!

it's a pretty nice car to drive around town, but i find anything above 60 is really hard work, and it handles quite badly, like i'm getting no feedback from the steering wheel at all...it can be scary sometimes. I drove a mates k11 years ago, and i found it handled just as badly...but i'm hoping i can get used to it, or whack some wider wheels on it.

it's a pretty clean car, with just an annoying dent on the wing. it probably would knock out, but i won't lose sleep about it anyway. i'd like to get the car going a bit faster, and maybe looking better...am i limited on a micra? i'm not one for body kits, and max power type stuff. it's got a few faults too, when turning at full lock, it makes a lot of clicking noises (is that cv joints?) and the ignition barrell is a real pain, sometimes when i take the key out, i can't unlock the steering column (really annoying)

I'll hopefully be able to use the pics from my ebay listing,
!BdezuZw!mk~$(KGrHqMH-DcErhsoGdykBK5JJU4VVw~~_12.JPG

!Bdez5Fw!Wk~$(KGrHqYH-CIEq3!t422KBK5JJskjy!~~_12.JPG

!Bde0ULQB2k~$(KGrHqIH-D4Ere++feUnBK5JKj2NY!~~_12.JPG

what do you reckon? any advice on what i can do to it?

first off welcome to the wonderful world that is micra, and it depends on how deep your pockets are. You could lower it 35-50mm on shocks and springs, upper strut brace, lower strut brace, front and rear anti roll bars, bigger breaks, free flowing exhaust system, air filter it all depends on what you want from the car and im guessing this is a 1.0 if so you can drop a 1.3 in there no probs

Welcome to the club, very clean micra you have there.

Once again it does depend on how deep your pockets are you can go for cheap mods like induction kit, new exhaust system take you sapre wheel out and put in a space saver if you want to lighten your car up a bit. Swapping an engine can be quite straight forward I know Manny has had his done recently which didn't cost that much a few hundred quid.

Welcome to the msc, if you arnt looking to mod the car in any way or just put some nice wheels on but want to improve the handleing I would buy some better shocks buyin whats been surgested it's quight expencive over £500 easy, you can buy lowering springs but it still is a bit rolley/sloppy

Martin

Back