New springs on my Micra

Just wanted to say how much of a change fitting lowering springs has made to my Micra - it's transformed!! The new springs - made by Spax & bought very cheaply (£21!!!) off eBay - were fitted by my local garage last week & I'm amazed by the change they've made. There's much less roll through corners & the car feels much more secure & controlled. Obviousy the ride is harder but it's not uncomfortable at all. If anyone else is considering fitting a set of lowering springs then I'd say go for it as I doubt that you'll be disappointed!! :)

I also fitted some 100NX alloys recently (with 175/65 x 14 tyres) & I fitted a strut brace soon after I bought the car last year (there's a picture somewhere on the forum because I bought a red OMP one & sprayed it black) & now the lowering springs (also red). That's it for modifications I think - I suppose a bit more power/oomph wouldn't hurt but I took my girlfriend to Filey last weekend & we couldn't fault the car at all. My girlfriends car is an effortless & comfortable Mercedes C180 so this is praise indeed!

I'll post some pics when (if!!) the weather improves :(!

:)

Pollymog, you need to add a PM address, I wanted to get hold of you ages ago to see if you wanted togo to the Ferrybridge meet.
Sounds olke you've done quite a bit to your car since I gave you step by step instructions to remove your steering wheel. Can't wait to see some pics.

Trouble is PJG is that while I like cars I don't like car meets at all - I mean no disrespect or offence to those who do likethem but I've had bad experiences at them in the past :(! Also I'm 44, have just moved & have far too much on my plate as it is!! I enjoy modifying cars (I don't think I've left any of my previous cars standard) especially if it makes the car feel better than it did in original form .... as fitting the lowering springs has done on mine.

I still haven't changed the steering wheel - I'd like too but I think the airbag's too much of a safety feature on the countries now very crowded roads.

If you'd like to email me then I can be contacted at pauluspaolo{at}hotmail{dot}com

:)

The 100NX wheels are pretty nice. (I have both Micra and 100NX).

I temp' put the wheels on my Micra and I felt like I was driving an Evo. (Not literally but the improvement on the handling was pretty big.)

Here you go - a few very quick & dirty pics of the car in it's current state. Sorry they're such crap photo's - I'll try & take some better ones later on!

Details of all the mods to date:
Spax lowering springs (35mm drop).
OMP adjustable strut brace (resprayed black).
Nissan spotlght kit (from eBay) with new stalk, relay & wiring loom.
14" 100NX alloys with 175/65 tyres (replaced original 14" steel wheels).
Smoked indicators on the front wings.

No other mods planned, though I do have a rev counter - not sure how/where to fit it though ........ :)

Micra03.jpg

Micra03-1.jpg

Micra01-1.jpg

Back