New (old) LX turbo

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Picked this up yesterday for a good price :)

317501_10150330094376387_537426386_8125513_1280440876_n.jpg

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Specs from for sale thread 6 years ago, some may be different now...

1996 Series 2 K11 LX Nissan Micra
ACT rego, engineered
Body Coloured Bumpers
Km's

Modifications
-Engine
-Microtech LT8 ECU
-Custom Exhaust Manifold
-2.5" Custom Exhaust From Turbo Back
-Reconditioned T25 Turbocharger
-Modified S13 Fuel Rail
-S14 Injectors
-CoolingMist Water/Methanol Injection System
-HKS BOV
-S14 Sidemount Intercooler (Top mounted)
-3:1 Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Walbro Intank Fuel Pump
-Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller

-Driveline
-Datrats Custom Heavy Duty 190mm Clutch
-JUN Lightweight Flywheel
-X-Racing Short Shift Kit

-Suspension
-#70142 - Control Low Springs (320mm)
-#70140 - Control Low Springs (330mm)
-#1303312 - Sport Rated Externally Adjustable Strut Insert (x2)
-#1102812 - Sport Rated Internally Adjustable Shock (x2)
-#bnf30 - Heavy Duty Fixed Replacement Front Swaybar (22mm)
-#kca373 - Castor/Anti Lift Kit
-#kca412 - Camber Bolt Kit
-#kpr025 - Adjustable Panhard Rod
-#ksb605 - Upper Adjustable Alloy Strut Brace
-#ksb708 - Alloy Lower Control Arm Brace
-#w0922 - Shorter Bump Stop Kit
-#bnr29xz - Extra Heavy Duty Adjustable Replacement Rear Swaybar (20mm-24mm)
-#kta114 - Adjustable Upper Trailing Arm

-Braking
-DBA Slotted Rotors
-EBC Greenstuffs Pads
-Pulsar GTiR AD22VF Calipers

-Wheels/Tyres
-15" Axis Mag-Lite Graphite Wheels Bridgestone Potenza RE001 tyres

-Miscellaneous
-Bucket racing seats
-Sports steering wheel
-Aufra Mini-Tacho Guage
-Aufra Boost Guage
-Aufra Exhaust Temperature Guage
-Aufra Oil Temperature Guage
-Aufra Oil Pressure Guage (Not currently installed)
-Clear Side Repeaters
-Kenwood KDC8023 Cd Receiver
-Alpine MRD-M300 Monoblock Amplifier
-2x Pioneer VCCS 10" Subwoofers
-2 Door Central Locking Kit
-Viper 791XV - Remote Start Alarm System With 2 Way Pager
-Viper 520T - Battery Backup Siren
-Viper 507T - Digital Tilt Sensor And Motion Sensor
-Viper 508D - Stand Alone Microwave Sensor
-Viper 506T - Break Glass Sensor
-Viper 513T - Mini Piezo Siren

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I am currently on the lookout for an LSD or pulsar gearbox as wheelspin is a bit of a problem!
It's going on the dyno on Saturday for a checkup then straight to Sydney to get a power steering conversion kit, then hillclimb on Sunday.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

"I am currently on the lookout for an LSD or pulsar gearbox as wheelspin is a bit of a problem!

if wheelspin/torque steer is an issue, a pulsar gearbox isn't going to resolve the problem mate - got a n15 pulsar box in the slayer and even with semis, it'll still spin hard when u give it some.. the daily ****box isn't throwing out the same kind of power figures, but the 31V box in it just won't let the wheels spin - they fully want to though!

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
kovert.k11 WROTE:

"Tyrie WROTE:

"I am currently on the lookout for an LSD or pulsar gearbox as wheelspin is a bit of a problem!

"</div>

if wheelspin/torque steer is an issue, a pulsar gearbox isn't going to resolve the problem mate - got a n15 pulsar box in the slayer and even with semis, it'll still spin hard when u give it some.. the daily ****box isn't throwing out the same kind of power figures, but the 31V box in it just won't let the wheels spin - they fully want to though!

Sorry I was talking about a N13 SSS pulsar, wouldnt bother upgrading to a non-lsd box.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I intend to relocate the water injection system to facilitate removal of the back seat and fitment of a rear strut brace. Currently the large reservoir is attached to the back seat in a very awkward spot!
Water injection when activated appears to kill acceleration, so will have a look at that on the dyno too!

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
My old car!!

Built that from a bog stock LX

I miss that car so much.

Tyrie, I'm still in Canberra. PM me if you want any info (still remember it all from 7 years ago).

Would love to see it in person again

Sean

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
intercooler is I believe a s14 side mound job top-mounted in front of the engine. I may have to move it to fit the power steering in...

Sean did you fit the gauges? Did you plumb up the boost gauge? I just noticed the vacuum line just pokes out of the air vent on the dash and sucks/blows air in the cabin...

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
No I didn't, they were done at the same time as the turbo conversion by Ben at Intune Auto which funnily enough doesn't exist anymore... The quality of the workmanship was very disappointing to me.

In fact - there's a lot I wanted to change after the initial conversion, but never got the chance. The intercooler, for instance, I wanted to remove completely and run a straight pipe to the T/B over the rocker cover with water/methanol injection.

Hope it's fun

Sean

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Water injection is crap, does nothing by lean it out. Gonna turn it into an intercooler spray.
Made 93.3kw @ 7psi on saturday, and was significantly slower than climberjoels n/a LX on Sunday lol

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I'm pretty sure I can get it to redline in 1st gear without the car moving forward (using the handbrake) Might try a launch at the next hillclimb using this method and just releasing the handbrake to take off...

IMGP4843.jpg

IMGP4844.jpg

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Manual steering rack is out, hopefully power steering rack will be in and working by this Sunday (tarmac motorkhana). I picked up some standard n15 front brakes yesterday to replace the ridiculous GTiR setup. If anyone wants GTiR front brakes let me know!

I also picked up a standard n15 ga16 gearbox and a n13 VLSD to play with yesterday, and won some 31V micra driveshafts on yahoo.jp last night to hopefully make it work!

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
hmm hit a bit of a snag, power steering rack is in but ****ed if I can find anywhere to put the reservoir... Intercooler takes up all room in front of the the engine, piping/TB/FPR/Charcoal cannister takes up room against the firewall and turbo takes up all room around the rad support... Will have to look at relocating the FPR and charcoal cannister or getting a very small power steering reservoir lol

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
I made it fit :)
It is jammed down between the TB and the booster, held in with cable ties lol.

I'm up to filling it with fluid and looking for leaks, am wondering if it needs to be bled or anything? there's no bleed screws that I can find so I'm guessing it's just a matter of adding fluid and cranking it lock-to-lock until no more fluid can go in???

CMF_Greo

» CMF Member
Tyrie WROTE:

I'm up to filling it with fluid and looking for leaks, am wondering if it needs to be bled or anything? there's no bleed screws that I can find so I'm guessing it's just a matter of adding fluid and cranking it lock-to-lock until no more fluid can go in???

At about 7:50.

all he does is turn the wheel lock to lock

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
It would appear that whoever made the turbo manifold used exhaust pipe, so it has some pretty massive cracks in it now! I am getting it welded but might send it to 6boost later on to be remade properly.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Sean WROTE:

"If its the original manifold I had made then that's funny...

Real funny as I even supplied the steam pipe...

Lo and behold the shop is now gone though.

Sean

Hopefully some brackets to the block to hold the weight of the turbo will prolong the life of the manifold...

I have also removed the amp and water injection system off the back seat so I could piss the seat off. Am going to replace the coffee urn reservoir with a much smaller bottle ~2L mounted in the spare wheel well and spraying onto the intercooler.

I also discovered the LH rear brake cylinder was pissing out fluid onto the shoes so I replaced the cylinders and shoes on both sides.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Not much luck selling this so will keep trying to make it faster :)

I got it passed rego despite the laws changing since it was engineered. Also got some tein coilovers today to replace the whiteline/koni suspension.
I have some old dunlop dz03g in 205/50R15 to use on the 15x7 4spokes, but am seriously considering some Avons in 205/55R13 as track tyres.

Coilovers will go in asap then will need a wheel alignment before Huntley hillclimb on 19th Feb. It wont happen but I'd like to have the LSD in before the next motorkhana on 18 March.

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
Some videos from SAU texikhana on Saturday.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back