new owner of 1.3 lx turbo =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Turbo_Jane

hi i am new to the site and i was jus wanting to say hi and ask if there is any way of some helping me out ?

well on tues there i collected the 1.3 lx turbo from a grassy or something-lol

however wen i was up n we went a drive in it it seemed ok but now i got it home and there is a few probs, main 1 is stalling at idle n my friend said its running 3 cylinders sometimes , also said it was bad -lol so any help will be great thanks guys

love jane x

Welcome to the MSC. Good luck getting your problem resolved!

Mr Grassy is registered here so might post a reply to this, apart from that i hope others can help you :)

:( this was my car :(-lol i was next in line to buy it he told me it was sold jus needing collection, how is it ?

well i dont know but id guess that stalling could be down to TB (throttle body) and the dropping a cylinder i dont know really but hope u get her sorted!!

stephen

ps welcome to club u got pics?

check all the plugs leads etc..... if not...... then try to lower the boost a little and see if it helps with the cyclinder loss...

the stalling may down to a few things but again. try to lower the boost slightly and see if it helps..

you may find though its the age old problem of the failing micra throttle body...

its a bit sluggish when going through the revs ... like it goes full power then half n full power again :(

throttle body...

looks like you need a new one..

theres hundreds on ebay...

ebay.co.uk

this is engine bay

1192075524_l.jpg

this is front view

1192063579_l.jpg

rear

1192068455_l.jpg

as for my plans i dont know as yet but still looking in to it :)

jane xxx

Are you in Scotland then? or where abouts are you from?

You definately got a fast wee car, what made you pick it??

i loved how cute it was n the alloys looked so nice :)

yeah i stay in glasgow west end, daddy took me up to see it , guy in uni is like on here or somit n told me bout it going so cheap so i asked mum n dad for money to get it ... n i got it :)

love xxx

i bet you never let them open the bonnet then?...lol

what you need is some super S bumpers.....nicely smoothed body work and roof strips....and that would do actualy...

hiya...

welcome to the club and that... :)

i think keep it as standard looking as possible, sleeper if you will...

get some nice steelies on with on wheel trim missing...lol

what will realy confuse them is the 1.0 badge on the back......and the pink wheel cover...lol

Welcome Jane,

FAO everyone:

Keep it clean and on topic, thanks.

Again, A post of mines WITH COMPLETE relevence to the subject has been removed... I know this girl. We get on well, I just haven't seen her since January and you remove it! Please explain, I'd be willing to accept it if it had good reason?

yeh it was a bit out of hand...welcome :) u gonna race it then? - not that i am influencing racing but it is a track car after all rather than just your av run around

It was in the middle of loads of unrelated posts, out of context it makes no sense. As it happens you accept when you join as a site or club member that post may be removed with out notice and with no explanation.

Ed said:
It was in the middle of loads of unrelated posts, out of context it makes no sense. As it happens you accept when you join as a site or club member that post may be removed with out notice and with no explanation.

seen it on other forums where they ahve removed the head post and left the rest and no one knows what the hell is going on...lol

but i get your point....anyway

i love the car but doesnt look like its lowered?

is it?o_O

ok so i looked under the bonnet n checked the spark plugs, they were bit black but i assume this is normal as it runs a bit rich. then i checked all hoses to find 1 had a small screw in it which i believe goes on the underside of the standard airbox so wat does this hose do n is it best blocked up or free to air.... wen i had it blocked it ran really rich at idle n didn enjoy it too much but wen i removed it it ran lean n so smooth... so wat is best ?

love ya xxxxx

well i have mine unblocked but then again i'm not running with a turbo.

TBH i've seen people do both. If you get it on a rolling road see if they will let you do two runs and give it a test.

car is booked on the rollers for sat at 2.00 so will be maped n may get a power out put ;)

on another note does any1know if an apexi will reset n lose the mapped info on it if i remove battery?

x

to be honest....googles your best bet....or ed......he will know...im just guessing...sorry

cool i hope ed can post his opinion on the car coz it sounds like hes a gentle man in the know :)

thanks

They do not lose settings :) You should as a first thing however get rid of it and consider an e-manage instead.

i am considering a standalone ecu however i want the cheapest ... however best suited for my application... so wat option do i have n how much will it cost? i see in davey cs thread u say do not use an fse pressure reg so wat will i replace it with n will it cost alot to change over?

next things is my fuel pressure is 3 bar ... is this too high?

xxxx

ps will this product suffice with the 2 harnasses available? or will i need the ultimate?

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/...acturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,28/

blue is fine for your engine, its standard internals so you dont want to go any more than that. you need ignition and fuel harnesses extra, also you will need the boost pressor sensor. you can then properly map and sort out all the running problems. A standalone ecu will once installed and fitted + mapped be 3-4x more expensive.

K11SS said:
i will miss u jane :(

eh?...have i stepped into a time warp and missed a whole season of threads??

anyway

i would love some prices ed...as i need the harnesses and the boost sensor too...

ooh and fitting by your sweet loving car managing hands...lol

Turbo Jane is K11SS.

why is beyond me also...

aaaaah...nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

so who was.......and why...and but then.....

GOD i knew it...

(i didnt realy but then i allways have the memories...lol)

it was jus a joke n i did post a thred about this however mike deleted coz he didn like wat i said bout him .. which was nothing personal or bad in anyway !!

it was jus a joke n all i spoke to agreed it was funny n got a laugh from it... now the truth is out we can now finaly move on with the car

car will be getting run on the rollers tomoz n i will be having it mapped to run a bit better .... i hope -lol

sorry for inconvenience of some ppl

stephen

I would like to point out that this tomfoolery was nothing to do with me by the way.

lol i thought it was great dude like i said last night why people are getting in a twist about it i dont know :S it was funny seeing everyone jumping on the normal MSC dating train though!! he had you going :p

sonic said:
I agree with Raceworx, it was only a laugh, don't take everything so seriously, lifes too short.

thank you for ur reply, n sorry bout the joke with u layla n me ;)-lol

glad u took it on the funny side :)

K11SS said:
thank you for ur reply, n sorry bout the joke with u layla n me ;)-lol

glad u took it on the funny side :)

What do you mean, aren't you still up for it ? :love:

ONLY KIDDING :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back