New member, one question regarding central lock

vanos

Club Member (Trial)
Hi all,

I'm trying to install remote central locking. Does anyone know how to wire it? I tried sending a negative pulse to the Orange/Blue wire going to the deadlock unit and nothing happens :( I tried sending a positive pulse too but that resulted in some smoke.. lol I have now replaced the fuse that went...

Any help?

hey there, where abouts are you?

what central locking kit are you trying to install? a nissan factory one, or an after market one?

i don't remember exactly which wires are which, but i think if you cut the orange wire the car will lock, and if you supply it with a negative pulse it will unlock. its easy enough to do but i haven't done it in a few years so i can't remember exactly

hey there, where abouts are you?

what central locking kit are you trying to install? a nissan factory one, or an after market one?

i don't remember exactly which wires are which, but i think if you cut the orange wire the car will lock, and if you supply it with a negative pulse it will unlock. its easy enough to do but i haven't done it in a few years so i can't remember exactly

Hi NeX, I PM:d you :) I'm from stockholm...

It is aftermarket remote start system and I'm trying to wire the remote door lock function. There is no orange wire :( Check the wiring below:
20111212012622.jpg

Do you mean orange/blue?
thank you for helping

Hi NeX, I PM:d you :) I'm from stockholm...

It is aftermarket remote start system and I'm trying to wire the remote door lock function. There is no orange wire :( Check the wiring below:
20111212012622.jpg

Do you mean orange/blue?
thank you for helping

feel like a trip to Gothenburg?

each motor has 4 wires going into it, two thick ones and two small ones, one of the little ones i think is either yellow or orange,

that wire needs to be cut and wired through the relay in the central locking system so that it is broken by the remote, and then it needs to be attached to the other relay so that it is supplied with a ground signal, on the control box side.

its very easy to do if i had it all in front of me but to describe it from memory is really difficult. but i have done it loads of times so its not hard.

my alarm triggers the lock via the yellow wire with red stripe and single grey bands near the central lock control unit

c725uz56.jpg

Thanks, I'll try that one too!

that is the wire, yellow and red, thats why i thought it was orange. if you cut it the locks should lock, then connect the wire that is going to the box to ground will unlock. or the other way around

Ok, based on the information from you guys (thanks), will this below work?

alarmschem3.jpg

i don't think it will, it also looks more complicated than it needs to be. a lot of aftermarket central locking kits have relays in them already so you don't need to add relays.

can you post a picture of the manual for the central locking kit?

383241_2848731542979_1400161509_33143923_480724230_n.jpg

in this picture one relay breaks the yellow wire, inside the motor the wire goes to a switch which is connected to ground, you need to simulate that switch changing, which is what would happen if you turned the key in the lock. when the switch changes its connection to ground is cut, the control box senses that one of the locks is different from the others and changes all the other locks to match.

when we cut the yellow wire, we are disconnecting it from the switch, so it looses its ground connection and that causes the box to drive the motors.

when we send a ground signal to the box down the yellow wire it causes all the motors to change again. but the yellow wire must still be connected to the door motor, so that the control box knows what the door motor position is, otherwise it will go into a loop and constantly lock and then unlock again

wow, now I am confused. Your explaination is very good, I get that but how am I going to do this without a relay? I can't see how it will be possible. If I cut the yellow cable it will unlock. As soon as I send ground pulse to the deadlock unit it will lock and unlock instantly as the yellow signal is cut.. And please don't say it's easy, I feel dumb when you say that lol

Here is the pic:
20111213135357.jpg

edit: the +12V is always on, not during pulse/command

wow, now I am confused. Your explaination is very good, I get that but how am I going to do this without a relay? I can't see how it will be possible. If I cut the yellow cable it will unlock. As soon as I send ground pulse to the deadlock unit it will lock and unlock instantly as the yellow signal is cut.. And please don't say it's easy, I feel dumb when you say that lol

Here is the pic:
edit: the +12V is always on, not during pulse/command

yea your locking system is going into the loop because the wire is cut, if you cut the wire so that it unlocks, then join it back together and ground it too it will lock and stay locked.

basically you are pretending to be the lock motor, and tricking the box into thinking the lock motor has been changed manually by turning the key in the door, BUT the signal from the lock motor still needs to get to the control box, so if you cut the wire to unlock the doors, you have to connect it back together again or the system will reset as it doesn't receive the signal from the final door motor.

but ok your system seems like a very cheap and basic one, most remote units come with relays built in that allow you to send either a negative or positive pulse, as well as a through connection which is what you need, but this one doesn't seem to have that so you WILL have to add a relay.

but yea, i misread your diagram that you posted, it will work fine

Back