Another Central Lock Issue

Hi guys/girls

I hope you can help/advice me on this

Car Details
K11 Micra SE, 1.0, 5 doors, 2002

we recently bought the car with 2 keys but central locking wasn't working coz the buttons were completely gone.
I bought 1 new fob cover online replaced the cover and also got someone to solder the new micro switches to the key for me (I am hopeless at soldering). re-programmed the key to the car.

Now when I press lock/Unlock buttons the hazard lights flash twice for lock and once for unlock (or the other way round, I cant remember) but the car doesn't actually lock or unlock. the key will not open all doors together at once but it does open both front doors separately.

Things I have tried so far
Disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and reconnected it but that didn't help. Has anyone had anything like this before? is changing the driver door lock be my next thing to change?

Thanks
Abaaba

Last edited:
I'd take your drivers door trim off and have a look at the actuator for the central locking. Your lights will still flash even if that's duff as the flashing is controlled by the super lock unit behind the dash.

OP
OP
A
I'd take your drivers door trim off and have a look at the actuator for the central locking. Your lights will still flash even if that's duff as the flashing is controlled by the super lock unit behind the dash.

Thanks you Agent_Sm1th

I have taken the driver's door trim off last weekend and had a good look at it to see loose wires or something but everything looked ok, I mean what am I looking at for the actuator? is there some sort of a test I can carry out to determine if it is fault?

You need to bell out the door switch wires that connect from the super lock unit to earth via the door lock switches. If you can't do this then Short pin 9 (passenger door switch) or pin 6 (drivers door switch) of the smaller connector of the super lock control unit to earth. This will bypass all the wiring from the doors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A
Thanks mate, will try your suggestions tomorrow.

if the problem is the actuator and I have to buy a replacement, will one from a 3door be ok or does it have to be from a 5 door?