Fully remote central locking??????

Jamesy

Ex. Club Member
Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to fit remote central locking to my micra k11, i have already fitted the loom from a super s and all the cubbins that is required :D but only one of the locks has the solenoid bit to lock the the door (passenger) with out manual influence:( so my question is: Is it possible to fit a solenoid out of the other lock ?? or has any else tried something else?

any help with this would be much appreciated

Thanks Jeem ;)

Hi everyone,

I'm wanting to fit remote central locking to my micra k11, i have already fitted the loom from a super s and all the cubbins that is required :D but only one of the locks has the solenoid bit to lock the the door (passenger) with out manual influence:( so my question is: Is it possible to fit a solenoid out of the other lock ?? or has any else tried something else?

any help with this would be much appreciated

Thanks Jeem ;)

do you have a locking unit in the drivers door that just doesn't work or is it a normal non powered lock?

i broke my drivers door locking motor, and i couldn't find any anywhere so in the end i used one from a primera, its a straight swap except you have to change the plug as well

do you have a locking unit in the drivers door that just doesn't work or is it a normal non powered lock?

i broke my drivers door locking motor, and i couldn't find any anywhere so in the end i used one from a primera, its a straight swap except you have to change the plug as well

No there is no locking unit in the driver door ,if i was to get one, do i just link that to the passenger one so it knows when to lock/unlock cos i don't think there is any sort of plug for it

Thanks NeX for the response :D

No there is no locking unit in the driver door ,if i was to get one, do i just link that to the passenger one so it knows when to lock/unlock cos i don't think there is any sort of plug for it

Thanks NeX for the response :D

ok i am lost now, you said you fitted the full loom for central locking?

so that should be:
1 x control box
2 x door motors
1 x wiring loom

basically the control box has 2 wires coming out of it which are the signal wires to the doors, i belive they are orange. when connected to ground these lock the doors, when broken from ground they unlock the doors... or the other way round.

each lock has 4 wires going to it, two high guage wires to work the motor, a low guage ground and then the orange signal wire.

you need each lock to have its own signal or it just wont unlock.

i know all about this system because i have fitted it to two of my cars, the first one was a micra central locking system and the second was a primera system that i fitted to a micra. they are all the same systems, i just need to know more about what you already have

Back