new member need help!!!!

i have a k11 1.0 s. recently the yellow engine light came on. i have put in new spark plugs and these are in correctly. when i hold the two speedo rods in the dash shows err 11. Also when driving the car is very sluggish when on full rev and starts to slow down but when cut back to about 2000 rpm starts to speed up and one got any ideas?

thanks declan

faultcode 11 is crank angle decxter (inside the dizzy) but they usually work ok or fail completely when hot, if the car is holding back at full throttle, i would suspect a fueling or throttlebody problem personally :)

i am not sure if it does or if it is limp mode because once the revs are cut to half then when put to full throttle it revs fully and speeds back up. i was thinking possibly the lambra sensor or something wrong with the valves.

that was what i was also thinking frank that it was the throttlebody. how would i go about checking this? thanks

that was what i was also thinking frank that it was the throttlebody. how would i go about checking this? thanks

it would be hard to diagnose, but i find that reading the lambda voltage on the fly is very useful for that type of problem (the middle wire voltage should float at around .45v at cruise.
and below .1v for any prolonged time may indicate fuel starvation :)

Not sure if Micras are the same but some ECU's will automatically give a crank sensor error if the engine isnt running when you test it. This is because the ECU wont be getting a crank signal

Back