new micra owner need urgent help!!!!!!!

CMF_micramike

» CMF Member
hi i recently purchased a micra k11 white 1.0 16v,my first micra! the car wasnt selecting gears properly from the beginning,i noticed when stationary with the bonnet up and selecting 1st gear the engine would move up,i thought it was the bottom front engine mount so i had this replaced,under the impression that the gears were not being selected because of the freeplay in the mount the problem was slightly better after this,now the car is jammed in 1st gear.also when selecting 1st gear with the gear stick it would go into 1st then i could push the lever forward about 3 inches,it felt bouncy!!!some help would be most apreciated,i sense ia new gearbox may be the answer????

CMF_jaxx

» CMF Member
i have had this problem only about 2 week ago actually. might be something completley different but your signs + symptoms lol are the same.

it was the gear linkage. a washer was missing and it wasnt bolted up tight enough to begin with. get under the car and see if you can change gears by manovering the gear linkage in the same movement as changing the gears with the gear stick.

i could only get in 1st and reverse! well anoying obviously! but a 'washer' and a tighten all round then all was good...and still is is!

CMF_micramike

» CMF Member
cheers jaxx im gunna get under the beast today and have a good look about,i know for certain that the linkage is jammed solid now but before it happend i could move it quite easily by hand but ile let u know how i get on,i fear there could be alot of foul language going on today lol

CMF_micramike

» CMF Member
AT LAST,Found the fault,it took a while but after some research i found out that the micra was in at a garage getting the clutch done a few months ago,a quick phone call and a mechanic was out looking at her,seemed he knew exactly where to go which i thought was odd,he was looking for oh around two mins and after tutting alot he told me the rear gbox mount had sheered the securing bolt!!! bollocks!!after closer inspection it looks like its been dropped.well anyways the mount has spun around sitting in a different position making gear changes difficult.thanks for the suggestion jaxx

Back