New march owner

Hi All,

just got myself a march for rally and circuit race purposes. the car is bone stock. Would like to know you suggest in terms of performance mods to the car.

would like to do it in small steps.

Thanks in advance.

yes it's a march... this is a japanese car, all of them were called march if i'm not mistaken.

I'm located in Sri Lanka btw

as for the engine upgrade, that's not an option as there is a one make 1000 cc march event in our country. so i have to make my changes to the 1.0 engine.

Nah not all Marchs are 1.3s. There's one called the Bolero or something which has an Alfa-esque grill, and that's a 1.0.

I would just say make it as light as possible, and fit better springs and discs to give it a handling edge. That would be the first thing I would do

hi fuzzo, i would say 2nd decat, bypass the throttlebody heater pipes and some negative camber on the front (slot the holes) would be a good start.
then some decent cams, lighter flywheel and exhaust manifold

hi fuzzo, i would say 2nd decat, bypass the throttlebody heater pipes and some negative camber on the front (slot the holes) would be a good start.
then some decent cams, lighter flywheel and exhaust manifold

Thanks frank....

I did the decat and the camber (not too much on the latter) but am not too aware of the throttle body mod. can you elaborate on that.

as for weight, the min weight of the class is 810 and I was at 770. So i had to add some weight to get to min weight.

Thanks frank....

I did the decat and the camber (not too much on the latter) but am not too aware of the throttle body mod. can you elaborate on that..

fuzzo, yeh, we go to great lengths to ensure a cold air feed, then nissan design a water heated throttle body eh fwn, there are water pipes at the back of the t/b, and i,ve cut mine off and joined the pipes together (it would mean degoverning the fast idle waxstat tho)

(it would mean degoverning the fast idle waxstat tho)

You do realise that is now the next question, how do you do that?

Thanks

lol, it,s just a snail shaped cam that holds the throttle open a bit to give the fast idle when the engine is cold, so wind the screw back (the one that the cam makes contact with) :)

Back