new lil bandit video

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
That K11 is so far the only one that has proved itself to be faster than mine, hehe. But since its engine is twice the size, and not even a micra one other than the name you cannot compare :p I hope cisco will put his on the 1/4 mile, and not back out like some other high power Micras..

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
I predict a hi 13's to low 14's for cisco at a terminal of around 102mph. His turbo has a poor boost treshold, that will make a good start very hard and with a narrow power band, the all or nothing effect, so bog down or burnout.
As a passenger it would feel very fast but if you look at his torque curve, there is more area above the curve than below, which is not ideal, and really means he has to use the revs, which with a high enough limiter, if he can fall back into where the car makes boost after changing gear it will be ok, otherwise he will suffer really bad inbetween gearchanges - again it will feel great fun as a passenger, but makes for a really hard drive under race conditions.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
ciscos would beat all on the track. the sr20 would win on a 1/4 mile. they exist for very different purposes. not quite right to compare them. bhp per litre they are all very similar, including the 180bhp k10. i think ciscos would have the highest bhp/litre overall. it will be confirmed when he has a fairer dyno when its reved to its ture potential instead of 6.5k. and higher boost is produced. would be 200bhp/litre @fly i would guess. the other engines could be tuned to match that output aswell.
350bhp roaring through the front wheels is amazing to watch on a micra. that video is great.

CMF_Ed

» CMF Member
I'm afraid it would not do (that) well on a track compared to a car with less power but flat torque curve. Cars with a torque curve like that never do. There is no midrange power there relative top end at all, that means that out of corners etc it would either be an a very high gear and then immediatly need to change or would be in a too low gear and would have to wait for the power. That is why track cars go for wide and relativly flat torque curves and why NA cars of the same power as a turbo car would kill the one with a turbo on a track.

As for power per liter, Even if he is loosing say 50 bhp in the transmission that gives him 240@ fly, which I make out to 240/1.275 = 188bhp/. Depending on my ignition map and ambient conditions at the moment I make about 190bhp fly - I admit I cannot do this for long due to my small intercooler, however 190/.930=204bhp/l

Cicso should bring his car over here (hmm that would be cheap) and we have a K10 Vs K11 at santa pod. Now that WOULD be fun and make for some serious competition!

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
If my car is good for a mid 14..I'd say cisco's car with slicks could do a mid-high 12.

Top end power would romp...There is a Suzuki swift GTI down here with ~140kw at the wheels which a similar power graph running 12.5s

Anyway guess we'll wait and see lol

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
ciscos would win on the track as its setup better for handling. doesnt matter so much that power is not perfect on the rev range. as said i think think ciscos would be more like 200/litre on another dyno day.
i dont think 1/4 times/competitions are that exciting though. its just going in a straight line. tests of how "quick" a car is should be on a circuit with timed laps.
thats when the work on setup of a car really shows itself and you can fairly judge which is a good car.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Guys i'm all for the CG,but how much does a CGturbo weight compared to an SR20turbo.

You'll never win in outright topend,and the sr20 will always make more power. Your little micra will never handle the same with such a big motor though.

Cost wise would be similar in my oppinion,Then you have rego/mot depending on where you live.

I decussed this with many people when thinking of doing the conversion myself and decided i would perferre to gain the performance from a smaller diplacment motor.

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Common sense and a slight knowledge of physics would put cisco's car in front around a track, not only against your SR20DE+T Micra, but also in front of alot of V8's and race prepped Datsun 1200 and 1600's

I would know because my old turbo Micra which made far less power did just that, coupled with the fact that he also has some serious suspension hardware (coilovers)

The advantage you would have with your setup is increased weight over the drive wheels, but this would only benefit you from a slight rolling start. I actually think cisco's car's 60ft time would actually be a slightly better than yours as his car doesn't have enough torque to spin the wheels easily whereas the 2.0L will easily light them up.

You have to look past just output power, torque and boost thresholds etc... Its how you put it down. Does the car have VLSD? What tyres does it have?

The only way to get an accurate comparison is to use the same tyres on the same track at exactly the same time using the same timing equipment.

I know from personal experience how fast Blue Monster is and this was before the latest upgrades.

But then again, this is all 'in theory'. In real world, calculations don't matter, its what works

Sean

CMF_K11SS

» CMF Member
well if cisco brought his car over here it could prob get a wee bit more power again as its freezing over here-lol

well its much colder than in oz :)

i dont care who would win but i love both these cars :D

Back