New Gearbox????

Right many of you may have read a couple of threads i've started about gearbox/clutch issues with my car. i think i have come to the conclusion that the gearbox has had it! Its done 117k miles and it's getting very hard to select first gear, i think the clutch arm mech may have something to do with this as i am always running out of play to tighten this up. i have fitted a new clutch and clutch cable, i have no problem engaging any other gear when on the move, occasionally reverse may crunch a bit but first is really hard to engage most of the time, although every now and then its easy!

I believe frank did have the suggestion of changing the rear engine mount but i haven't had chance to take a look at this properly yet and i never got round to buying a replacement from another member on here.

Any suggestions as to the best way to proceed would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Matt

hard to engage is usually a clutch issue matt, and a nackered rear mount will give a clunk on power on/power off

hard to engage is usually a clutch issue matt, and a nackered rear mount will give a clunk on power on/power off

Not getting a clunk on power on/off, the shift between 1st and 2nd isn't always the smoothest (that could just be me though) i will check the cable again and get undernearth and make sure everything is tightened up.

the symptoms do get progressively worse the longer the car has been driven, as if something has warmed up and streched.

Back