New Car Mazda 3 MPS

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
hmmm. with traction control so far havent lost much grip due to wheels spin. threw it through some roundabouts last nigth to test it all out, got the tyres screeching but held together, deffinately need some uprated swaybars or maybe coilovers (warranty issues?) to fix that problem. might start with the swaybars first.
apparently the new mps which comes out in 2010 has some new chasis which puts power to the ground much more effectively.

cisco

» CMF Member
Does the MPS have an LSD Brendon?

Is the traction control basically the same as the colts where the ABS sensors detect wheel slip and it just modulates the power output etc?

The colt's traction control is pretty basic and raw, but kind of works. Its a lot smoother than the old traction control on the old AU Fairmont - that was super jerky and like a massive sudden power kill. It could leave you stuck in the middle of intersections without any power until the ECU woke the engine back up...

The colt's doesn't have a mechanical feel to it, it feels like a computer trying to clean up the mess afterwards, and so it can only do so much.. At the end of the day, the colt is still a FWD and you have to drive it accordingly. I usually prefer the traction control to be switched off and just modulate the power delivery myself.

I've got ~1 year left on my lease, not sure what I'm going to do after that..

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
not sure how it works. the stability control and traction work together. YEs has a front LSD. Have only got the traction control light on once so far. havent turned it off yet and driven with it off. i will after its first service. see if its any better. 6 gears is good.
i think first mods will be springs and swaybars, and/or coilovers. depending on warranty issues and rules associated with them. otherwise will jsut lower with springs.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
I might ask a mate of mine who chucked some coilovers on his normal Mazda 3 in regards to issues with warranty and servicing - Seems like the kinda thing that might but I haven't heard anything about that from him - it might just be that they won't honour the warranty if the part was found to be at fault. You could call up the dealership and ask :)

---dens

CMF_sportsclassic

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"Does the MPS have an LSD Brendon?<BR><BR>Is the traction control basically the same as the colts where the ABS sensors detect wheel slip and it just modulates the power output etc?<BR><BR>The colt's traction control is pretty basic and raw, but kind of works. Its a lot smoother than the old traction control on the old AU Fairmont - that was super jerky and like a massive sudden power kill. It could leave you stuck in the middle of intersections without any power until the ECU woke the engine back up...<BR><BR>The colt's doesn't have a mechanical feel to it, it feels like a computer trying to clean up the mess afterwards, and so it can only do so much.. At the end of the day, the colt is still a FWD and you have to drive it accordingly. I usually prefer the traction control to be switched off and just modulate the power delivery myself.<BR><BR>I've got ~1 year left on my lease, not sure what I'm going to do after that..

Build another micra...

Back