New Car Mazda 3 MPS

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
Hi all

Aint posted here for a while. (long time)
but thoguth id let you's know i got myself a new car.
purchased a New Mazda 3 mps in Aurora Blue, got the sprtspack.
i pick it up next thursday.
ill put up a couple of pics then.
But i am realy looking forward to getting it and am already tracking down a new bolt on cat back exhaust and CAI.

Brendon

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
**** yeh! i love those! gotta let me know how it goes! keen to see pics!

does anyone upgrade em at all? maybe bigger turbo or anything like that? i heard they go pretty hard as is.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
well i test drove couple of times and is a hell of a lot of fun.
3rd gear is fantastic!!
from what i have read put a cat back exhaust and CAI alone will give you an extra 20-30hp. ECUTEK or someone like that has been developing a ecu flash for them and that alone will give an extra 30-40kw with ecu flash, more timing, boost, fuel and so on.
there a fair few that modfy them. but dont need to do much to them.
they can run 6sec and below 0-100 and around 14.1sec 1/4mile run factory. if only they were AWD

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
yeh i know ay. thats what the 6 has on the 3! AWD.... ahh well apparently they have very little torque steer and actualy grip well with the front wheels.

have fun mate!!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
They grip at the front wheels like all other fwd turbo cars.

Terribly.

I'm wishing I'd splurged and gone the R32.

Slower but so much nicer with real traction.

alternatively just not bought a fast car because seriously I'm suprised I havent lost any points.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
the engine isn't even a ford, they had to go and get a Volvo engine to make it any good.

(not much love for the focus xr5t here....only thing which is awesome about it is the engine and gearbox which certainly aren't from ford)

CMF_micrat

» CMF Member
Micra_King WROTE:

"The ford xr5 turbo is one of the best fwd turbo cars around.

YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING OR DELUDED!
it is a ten year old volvo 850r engine detuned by about 30 kilowatts.
Good one ya ford!!
Keep'n up with times as usual.

FWD factory turbo MAZDA 3 MPS all the way!

smidge

» CMF Member
+1 for GTI or get the proper version and get an S3, now we're just talking stupid money

or buy a micra with money you can save in a month or less :D

CMF_Micra_King

» CMF Member
How can you say the car is rubbish when it gets such good reviews for the way it drives and so on. I guess its the ford badge that makes people like you say its rubbish. I dont care what brand a car is if its good and the xr5 is good. The mps is a great car too so im not knocking it at all and I watched a clip with a white hatch/wagon? one with black mags on the dyno and it looked mad.

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
i looked at the gti. but to get it to where i would want it the extra money wasnt worth it. by that i mean sunroof and leather seats etc.
The 3 didnt have a sunroof but it answered all my other requests. ITs great fun!

FORD= poor quality.
the xr5 suffers from worse torque steer than the mps does.
i looked at it but couldnt bring myself to get one. i imagined it braking quickly like every other ford does.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Ford can make quality cars.

But the Focus is a cut price econobox thats been given a bodykit and a sweet engine. The Mazda 3 is a cheap econobox too but at least it starts out in life feeling like a decent sort of car with an interior thats not made of recyled ice cream containers.

Neither the Focus or the Maz 3 can actually handle their power outputs effectively. Golf feels like it does it better BUT it doesn't have as much and it delivers its power what I feel to be a different way (at least with the DSG anyway) so thats possibly why they feel more tame.

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
I'm sorry Brendon, I'm very happy for you getting what you wanted.
Just want to say I drive a turboed Super S which in most peoples opions is a big ****en waste of money. I don't care because i like it and thats the only thing that counts. Everyday I hear workmates bitch and moan about this guy that drives a ford or that guy that drives a volvo or what ever. If we all drove the same cars how borring would life be.

All cars can't be as reliable as each other and no one can really say what attracts us to the cars we drive, Could be looks only which seems to be a big one these days or performance, size, make/model what ever. Does it really matter!

And if your option is different to the next guys who really cares.

CMF_daily_ricer

» CMF Member
I miss the good ol' days of Cisco, Aaron, Mighty, "2", Dave/WhiteKnight/FamilyHack etc, when opinions were opionions and they were valued and respected by all, even if not in agreement. Brendon, who and where are the moderators?

Lol, having said that, micrat as the main capslock offender:

Attachments

• 41162.jpg
    41162.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 24

CMF_tris

» CMF Member
mm i wish i was around for those days.... theres not too much goin on now days.. a few people who are trying with turbo conversions but never make it, a few people with track cars... nothing like what the old days sound like with 5 or so turbo micras and people very interested in whats happening...sigh...

CMF_Sean

» CMF Member
Micrat - I left all your posts that didn't have derogatory comments, if you'd care to contact me to discuss the deleted posts in more detail, please do so via PM. Otherwise please let it be.

Both of your (numerous) posts that involved derogatory comments, however childish, have been removed, so I'm playing no favourites.

Gone are the days where this type of moderation was not needed, I didn't expect this from the Micra guys.

Sean

cisco

» CMF Member
When someone announces their new car, they've obviously bought it for a reason, and carefully thought about it, particularly being a car enthusiast already who has been on this site for years, owned many cars, including a turbo/AWD model.. Its EXTREMELY LAME, RUDE, FOUL-MANNERED for people to bag it out and offer their retarded opinions about how its a bad choice and he should have got something better.

He's already bought it, you're just being nasty by saying its a bad choice. Most of these duds haven't even driven one to know, its all just opinion based. Grow up.

If I seriously had more time I would get back on here and delete a whole pile of accounts. I used to be very aggressive in this years ago, which is why the site was usually very clean and well-mannered. If I detected that someone had an IQ<100, I would just delete their account.

The mazda 3 MPS is an awesome car, some of you are jealous, shut your mouths and either say "well done" or don't bother coming to this site.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
cisco WROTE:

"If I seriously had more time I would get back on here and delete a whole pile of accounts. I used to be very aggressive in this years ago, which is why the site was usually very clean and well-mannered. If I detected that someone had an IQ<100, I would just delete their account.

That's hardly fair :p An IQ isn't an indication of how obnoxious someone can be. Someone might be terrible at an IQ test but be a wealth of information about something, like maybe about Micras :p

Just saying ;) Can understand what you meant though.

Edit: Oh, and congrats on the car Brendon. I've seen a couple of them at motorkhanas down here and they look like a lot of fun :)

---dens

CMF_LonePhantom

» CMF Member
This is hilarious, I can't believe it's still going! Between the name calling, the threats of going to someones house to teach them a lesson, then being warned about bad behaviour and to stop, you guys are still taking shots. Get over it!

obviously i've missed something in this thread lol.. at the end of the day i thought this was a micra site. last i checked a mazda 3 had nothing to do with a micra lol. saw a 3 the other day do a big launch from a set of lights thou... dont know if it was stock, but **** me took of like a rocket... and changed about 3 lanes worth of torque steer at the same time lol.

smidge

» CMF Member
yeah got destroyed by one of those off the lights not long ago...

still the 930cc little white ****box showed up a accord euro not long after

CMF_Brendon

» CMF Member
Tony WROTE:

"If you don't mind me asking mate, Is it comparable to the GTIR in out
right performance? I love how these things look so under rated but go
like a shower of ****.

i think it would be close with a stock gtir. the way i had mine in the end the gtir i owned was a lot quicker. the mps handles a lot better and stops really well. brakes are better than expected. still performance the mps is really good. the amount of torque is amazing, 5th gear pulls just as hard as 4th and even 6th accelerates really well.

turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"obviously i've missed something in this thread lol.. at the end of the
day i thought this was a micra site. last i checked a mazda 3 had
nothing to do with a micra lol. saw a 3 the other day do a big launch
from a set of lights thou... dont know if it was stock, but **** me
took of like a rocket... and changed about 3 lanes worth of torque
steer at the same time lol.

the reason why i posted it here is because i used to be on this site lots. i was the 75th member to join the site, was a mod, been on lots of cruises and participated heaps back in the day. i put it up so for those who knew me then could see. not that theres many left.

cisco

» CMF Member
turbo march-rolling shell WROTE:

"obviously i've missed something in this thread lol.. at the end of the day i thought this was a micra site. last i checked a mazda 3 had nothing to do with a micra lol. saw a 3 the other day do a big launch from a set of lights thou... dont know if it was stock, but **** me took of like a rocket... and changed about 3 lanes worth of torque steer at the same time lol.

Yeah you missed something dude.. Brendon was coming on here almost 10 years ago..

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
I remember the days you guys(brendan and cisco) where chuffing on about how fast cars could go through round-a-bouts....alwys jealous.. some of us have to move on, its interesting to see what people move into... good luck with it, brendon!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
i still like going bonkers through roundabouts.

Its a bit harder with a bigger car which I worry about practically all the time lol but its fantastic.

Has alot more grip than the micra too. Roundabout entry speed is about the same as the micra but the exit speed is, well, hugely improved.

Reality is though all these FWD hot hatches just have too many horsies going to the front wheels and they really can't get the power to the ground effectively. Its a shame.

Back