new car, do i get another micra........?

richie

Ex. Club Member
I am getting a new(er) car this year, got a few thousand pounds. Do i get a facelift micra or something else?? Honda Jazz is in my head..........

anything will be a bonus after owning a micra without a rear wiper!! power steering, and audio which i can upgrade........and its gotta be moddable

I'm unsure of your age. However, if you're blessed with cheap insurance. Then perhaps you could consider the Celica GT-4 Gen-6? - or perhaps a Starlet GT Turbo/Glanza Turbo?

You've got a lot of choices with a few thousand pound. Spend it wisely!

i am 23 and on my missus' insurance so i pay peanuts a year!! she has been driving nearly 10 years too.

Don't believe the hype of the glanza V. Standard form, slow IMO! way over rated. Engine doesnt like to rev, turbo runs out of puff quickly. Takes a few mods to get them going, but when you do they fly! :D. Anyway, the older GT is better build quality, nicer inside and cheapter to buy :)

if you like the jazz go for it. but would it be worlds apart from the micra? Consider something a tad older maybe, so you can get a bigger engine. Golf GTi, Almera, civic, primera?

You can buy an Evo 4 or R33 Skyline for the same price as a Yaris T Sport etc. If you want something a bit bigger & more powerful, start checking these things out instead!

Lots of people are skint now and can't afford to run there cars. Some are being garaged up, others are being sold cheap! Check out pistonheads and get looking!

Toyota aygo, insurance group 1a, you can insure it yourself and start building up those no claims. Moddable, cheap and reliable. And yeah they look a bit stupid but they drive quite nice

i agree that the glanza v's are over rated....but they are so much better over starlet gt's imo. they look nicer, are newer, and there interior is better..... too many starlet gt's end up in the hands of chavs....saying that the glanza is getting brought by people who abuse them...

almera gti's are abit common, but are awsome cars...

pulsars are awsome, but are old and rust is an issue...

gt4's are awsome altough parts are very expensive, altough that is the case with most turbo cars...

just depends what you want, to be diffrent, or easy parts and looking good for penuts.

I've seen quite a few Aygo's round, which all have the same paint job with racing stripes or something. Is it like, the sport package? Or maybe they were those little mitsubishi's?

I've seen quite a few Aygo's round, which all have the same paint job with racing stripes or something. Is it like, the sport package? Or maybe they were those little mitsubishi's?

its the pugeot 107's iirc (that are the same chassis as tthe aygo) that have diffrent coulored mirrors and go fasters...

i agree that the glanza v's are over rated....but they are so much better over starlet gt's imo. they look nicer, are newer, and there interior is better..... too many starlet gt's end up in the hands of chavs....saying that the glanza is getting brought by people who abuse them...

almera gti's are abit common, but are awsome cars...

pulsars are awsome, but are old and rust is an issue...

gt4's are awsome altough parts are very expensive, altough that is the case with most turbo cars...

just depends what you want, to be diffrent, or easy parts and looking good for penuts.

why would it bother you if a "chav" had the same type of car as you? Anyway, the build quality of the interior of the GT is far better then a glanza! :O, plus its lighter and faster :]

why would it bother you if a "chav" had the same type of car as you?

no i dont mean that, i.e if i brought a starlet GT theres a higher possibility its been thrashed over a glanza, mainly because its older and people tend to pick them up quite cheap...

yearh the starlet is quicker, but just my personal opion that i preffer the glanza.

its the pugeot 107's iirc (that are the same chassis as tthe aygo) that have diffrent coulored mirrors and go fasters...

Nah, it's not the pug.

I'm starting to think now it's the mitsubishi's. Colt's or something. But they're a bigger car IIRC.

And are the startlet's the ones that sort of look like K11's if you glance at them?

get a jazz.

search for hks FIT or even Spoon FIT on you tube. the honda jazz is such an under-rated car, it is a honda with a vtec engine and enough tuning abilities it can quite easily achieve more than even a nismo built micra..

go for it. but get a second hand one, never buy new.

Back