Do i Get a new car???

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
this is going to sound really bad, but i dont know what to do in terms of sell my car and get a new one.

doesnt sound that bad, but unfortunatly the other car isnt a micra :-(
i dont remember seeing any of these cars over in australia when i visted 3months back but its a "Fiat Punto". i still havent made up my mind yet, but was just wondering if u guys could persuade me out of it!!

my mate who had a super quick k11 near where a live and i know, told me to stick with the micra, but just get a 1.3 and make it 107bhp with all the same mods he had!?

i really do enjoy drivin my k11, like all of u here. the only thing that puts me off cars all together is the fact that i dont know anytin about changing car parts and there are not many garages that can help me with modifing, unless i travel a long distance??

its confusing, cause my k11 is about 55bhp, but yet im goiung to get a "1.2 punto with 60nhp"??
yet my mate said the punto engine is not tunneable?

it makes sense to stick with my k11 then go through with the hassel of, buying, selling my car, insurance money upgrade, tax upgrade, for "4bhp" and then i cant get any more power out of it, or appartly not alot?

and the micra engine is "16 valve twin cam" which u all know and would proberly keep up with it anyway?

"i raced a VW GOLF last nite, but i wont go into that.....well i will and i loved it. raced up this hill, he so wanted to race and i gave him one!! i did beat him, dont know y or how but it happened lol??

please help me

thanks

Napster

Attachments

• 10145.jpg
    10145.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 44

CMF_Toma

» CMF Member
My mate has a 1980-early 90's golf, with a 2.0l 2002 Golf engine in it.

It is the fastest thing ive been in.

No turbos or anything, but is amazing. the power:weight is so outrageous! Why not look at slapping in a recent 2.0l engine into a Micra? Will be more fun :D

cisco

» CMF Member
Most newer small cars still don't have anything up on the micra. Slightly more modern styling, which you can correct anyway with crystal lights and different rear clusters on the micra, then it suddenly looks very modern.

You can't beat the lightweight simple formula of the micra. No extra wasted heavy weight. A pretty simple, strong reliable zippy engine. So easy to hot up and make perform really really well.

Buy the new car if you want some new flip-out cupholders and more settings on the air conditioner etc.

Stick with the micra if you want a driver's car that performs and gives you so much value back for any of the modifications you perform.

I still haven't seen any brilliant new small cars that take my attention away from the micra. They aren't leaps and bounds ahead or anything at this stage. The micra was designed a while ago to be very modern and ahead of its time when it was launched, so even now its still a pretty good car.

Seriously, my first micra with heaps of weight removed, tiny small 13" wheels and 155 lightweight tyres, extractors, fuel, great direct air intake and 2" exhaust used to beat brand new VT 3.8litre V6 commodores in 0-100kmh. They were automatics, but still had like 147kw of power. With a perfect launch and quick zippy gear changes, the micra was always faster. And back then there weren't easy access to things like JUN flywheels, Tomei cams etc. Now you could make a real ball tearer NA micra for pretty good value.

And the handling is always brilliant. When I had my S14 200sx micra, I couldn't get it around these tight little test corners near my house at the time as fast as I could in the lowered micra.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Cisco is spot on the money.

I don't think there has been any small car on the market lately which comes close to the Micra. Heck, despite the micra's lack of metal they're a very strong little car which fair up extremily well in most types of accidents!

The only small car I can think of that genuinely does better than the k11 micra in terms of bing a pure driver's car is the new Mini Cooper (the BMW one).

Even then they're in a different class to our beloved micra.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
Guys and gals, "i thank you" for ur comments!!!

to be honest with u, i prefer the micra to any FIAT PUNTO anyday. the micra as my first car, ive enjoyed it SO MUCH.

it was only the "modifing part" to the car? :-(
i havent got a clue bout performance mods :-(

i know uve heard it all before lol, but its just crazy to know that CISCO, WHITE KNIGHT etc (sorry if i left ur name out) have TURBO CHARGED MICRAS! in my mind, thats whats crazy!!!

Cisco i agree what u said in ur post, bout it being an alroud NIPPY CAR!

i suppose my second car should be a 1.3 k11 and mod that?

TOMA: u said put a "2.0L" engine in a micra. TO BE HONEST AGAIN I WOULDNT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT WHAT I WAS DOING?? LET ALONE TRY AND FIND SUM ONE ELSE TO HAVE A GO lol.

prehaps its just me, but i dont know what id being doing or trying to buy to improve my micras performance.

i know i would need, uprated cams, lightened flywheel, janspeed manifold, less weight, but i dont know of GARAGES that could help me FIX THEM INTO THE ENGINE :-(

i had only thought about buying the punto, cause it was a BARGIN, but then thats no excuse for GETTING RID OF SO MUCH FUN I HAD AND STILL HAVING WITH MY MICRA!

ive made my mind up ;-)

Napster

CMF_Pyro

» CMF Member
Im happy you did so, maybe change the 1.0 for a 1.3, you will notice the difference. I dont know a lot of power and 0-60 times but the thing I always liked about the micra is the way it handles, you feel what is going on. I have driven quiet a few small cars like the 205, 206, golf etc. But none of the cars felt as direct as the micra, which makes it so much fun to drive. Again I think you made the right decision :)

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
Pyro: i think i have made the right decision 2 :)
im pretty sure i wouldnt have been able to find a better car than my K11.
just what cisco said: i was going on "central locking, electric windows etc" lol then how the car actuall performs.

my apologies for ever DOUBTING THE MICRA lol :)

i guess now its time to ORDER SOME PERFORMANCE PARTS :)

Napster

CMF_M5

» CMF Member
You have definately made the right decision,i was forced to get rid of my earlier Micra as I was given company cars at a new job. These were brand new cars supposedly far superior to my little Micra. This was not the case, I soon became bored with driving them and yearned for zippy performace/great handling package of my old Micra. Needleess to say a Micra (the same one actually, but thats another story)has regained its rightful place back in my garage.

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
cheers "M5", i reckon i would miss the micra if i sold it. it would be the same with any car i suspect, but ther is sumtin different about these K11's lol.

all i need now is to sell my 1.0L 4 a 1.3L :) then where talkin business lol

Napster

CMF_Napster

» CMF Member
Yeh im going to keep my BAD BOY erhh i mean Micra K11 lol.

i thought i would go for a drive last nite, like u do, and went around town. cruisng round town, windows half down (cause it was cold lol) music BASSING in the background and at this point "was juts loving the car". it felt like i had just brought the car and went out in my first drive. was so fun. i loved it. how its NIPPY round corners for what she is (1.0L) and just putting my footdown when i came out of town onto the roads, BUT, BUT not breaking the speed limit, just accelarating a bit quick to 40mph lol

i know that compared to all others cars on here, i love the quickness for my 1.0L theres really no TORQUE but then im not worried about, i just love over taking other cars and when they relise its a micra loving the look on there face.

also theres quite a few HOT girls that drive standard micras to college lol and when they see my micra with the SUNSTRIP and rear NISMO sticker and music, the looks r actually quite funny lol

anyway i enjoyed my car yestday and in fact ive allways enjoyed it :)

i thank u 4persuading me and my car 4persuading me lol

Napster

Back