another micra...

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
as you all know iam selling my green micra...but my mum turnned around to me and asked if i wanted to swap her silver SI for my green SI....

its very tempting but iam really not sure, i love micras but i feel its time to move on after owning 3. but i could make this into another fast road/track micra like my old silver one. then get the exterior re-sprayed gloss black or white (Y)

argghhh i just dont know because its not the best nick over my current car. and it needs a CV boot and sill repair. plus the paint work is abit rough in places....

but i could sell the green on for £900 and buy somthing else.

its ither a micra agian...or a starlet fwn

help!

nope lol...only micra i would get agian would be the silver on. and its already got aload of bits onit...but if i sell my green on iam having somthing else jap.

Personally Id rather have any old piece of #### but be able to drive it rather than have a spanking nice car sat on the drive rotting...

but dan even if yo usold your micra for what you want,

£900 really wont get you much and if you go for a starlet, even a base one,

full lisence or not, you wont be able to afford to insure or run it buddy,

stick with your micra, pass your test, get some driving experience and when you can afford it, get a better, faster car,

it might not be ideal, but its easier, cheaper and much safer and better in the long run, and you know it is :(

Insurance seems to be weird, especially on a Starlet GT or Glanza V. I check quotes usually every so often; it changes from £1000 to £1300 and my details hasn't change. If any one can explain this to me, please do so!

Main point is, I've got 2 years no claims and been driving for over 2 years. I find it hard to find insurance on the Starlet GT, my quote on a Glanza V was £2000! So there is a major difference. So if you do want one of these little turbo cars, I would still highly suggest you to aim for the GT instead of the Glanza.

lol thats true,

i am just skint which is why i love my micra, other wise i am ashamed to say it, but i'd be driving any kind of audi or fast ford..... probably a zetecS :(

so surely an SI or Super S or SR or whatever is going to be much more fun and affordable anyway? fwn

for me an NA starlet is £400 a year cheaper on insurance over my micra for some reason :S other than that the a very simlair car though. but it makes a change and parts seem to be quite cheap ofor them (Y)

well i have been thinking long and hard and iam really really tempted to have the silver one and clean it up as its not the best condition lol.

Ok guys, while the micra is a good car, eventually its time to move on. I wouldn't bother getting a standard starlet over a micra, unless your planning to drop the 4-EFTE into it, but there is obvious going to be a time when if you want more power/space/comfort or whatever it is you want its going to be more economical to switch!

Theres no way I could have made a Micra as fast as my Starlet for the money I payed for it....

think iam gonna keep it...it is a nice tidy car. and i know i will regret selling it tbh. i wont find one in the same condition for under a grand ither.

When its comes to reliability, your going to get exceptions both ways. Some very bad, some very good. Especially when 10's if not 100's of thousands of these cars are produced. So you will get the odd alpha that is more reliable then the odd starlet/micra/skyline/whatever because no 2 things are the same.

Anyway, Dan, whats your justification to get this silver micra? what makes it different to yours to want to get it instead of the green one?

you need to think about this dan.

it doesnt matter if you have a mclaren F1 on your drive, at the end of the day you are going to get bored with it sitting there and start messing about with it, changing the standard stuff and generaly ruining its saleability. and you STILL WONT BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT.

forget the car, forget the silver one, forget the green one, forget a starlet of any type. sell the green one for however much you can get for it and use the money to get a licence. then whatever car you get after that at least you will enjoy driving it instead of "getting bored with it"

you are never going to appreciate any car if you never drive it and if you keep paying out for better and better cars your never going to be able to afford to get a licence. let alone insure a car.

you need to think about this dan.

it doesnt matter if you have a mclaren F1 on your drive, at the end of the day you are going to get bored with it sitting there and start messing about with it, changing the standard stuff and generaly ruining its saleability. and you STILL WONT BE ABLE TO DRIVE IT.

forget the car, forget the silver one, forget the green one, forget a starlet of any type. sell the green one for however much you can get for it and use the money to get a licence. then whatever car you get after that at least you will enjoy driving it instead of "getting bored with it"

you are never going to appreciate any car if you never drive it and if you keep paying out for better and better cars your never going to be able to afford to get a licence. let alone insure a car.

Amen to that (Y)

Back