Need help with the k11 1.3L :D :D, Cams and ECU remap?

Hi there guys i have a micra 1.3L my current mods are a cheap pod filter and full Janspeed exhaust system (manifold all the way to the backbox) and and spax suspension lowering kit (15inch alloys 195/50/r15) although iam thinking of 175/50/r15's because it seems as my top speed is kind of suffering , anyway to the question

I WANT A LITTLE MORE POWER as does everyone else aha i was thinking better cams with a higher lift but if i got these would i need a ECU remap? for fueling etc or not and what sort of speed acceleration gains would i get with just cams and then cams and ecu remap (e.g. 0-60mph time?) or torque say if i was to accelerate from 40/50mph as at the moment it takes a little time to build some speed, i can however maintain it if i dont press the brakes while going up hill as the exhaust seems much mroe free flowing but if i do press the brakes it takes a while building it up again lol

All help and advice would be appreciated along with some cheap places to get these mods from i've heard reprofiled cams are **** but all advice welcome thanks !!!!

Regards Asif. :D

Hi asif :) you are probably leaning out at higher rpm now, and disconnecting the speed sensor will help in the higher gears
A lighter flywheel and hike in compression should get you under 8 secs :)

Hi asif :) you are probably leaning out at higher rpm now, and disconnecting the speed sensor will help in the higher gears
A lighter flywheel and hike in compression should get you under 8 secs :)

Hey Frank , heard alot about you and watched your previous posts you're a great guy !!!!, :D, so youre saying get higher compression pistons? thats what Mik advised me to do also, will just these pistons get me under 8 seconds? all without cams and a ecu remap?? that sounds great, also will this be reliable power? thanks

Getting rid of the 15" wheels and putting some 13's back on will help with acceleration..
I have ran mine with big wheels, but soon took them off as i was fed up of how much slower it felt..

Getting rid of the 15" wheels and putting some 13's back on will help with acceleration..
I have ran mine with big wheels, but soon took them off as i was fed up of how much slower it felt..
i started off with 14's as standard (165/60/r14) now i have 195/50/r15 because i got the alloys cheap but when the tread goes a will try to find some 175/50 or 60/r15 tyres to go on the alloy rims as i like them more than steelies :D

Back