Ecu Remap when changing cams..?

Hi, been doing a bit of research on 1.3 cams in my 1.0. Going up the scrap yard to grab the inlet out of what i assume is a 1.3? (Reads upto 120mph on the clocks but no badging to say what engine size?) anyway, when asking at work today for some tips, as ive not worked on timing chains before, i was told that its likely to run lumpy due to more air but no extra fuel. I see where theyre coming from but havent heard of anyone having these problems. Just wondering if anyone could clear this up id appreciate it, not really wanting to spend much money on her for a while hence doing little go faster mods lol.

Cheers

Just what i wanted to hear :) i assume itll have a 13 near the start of the number (ill check mine to compare too)

Is it a pretty notucable difference. Mines not quick but quite nippy for a small car

thanks

yeah i made that mistake. bought an engine then waited until i got home to check the code. it'll be stamped cg13 or cg10 on the gearbox side of the front of the block.

Thanks forvthe help lads. Need to get down there again for another try atvthe stupid screws holding the rocker cover down lol

Sorry for another question. Whats the best way to keep the chain and exhaust cam still? I was thinking cable tieing them together once ive timed it up but suppse it depends which side the tensioner is.

Cheers

Sorry for another question. Whats the best way to keep the chain and exhaust cam still? I was thinking cable tieing them together once ive timed it up but suppse it depends which side the tensioner is.

Cheers
there are no holes in the sprockets to cabletie, but i usually ram a tapered punch down to trap the chain against the exh sprocket (i posted some pics on a thread a while back, and the camlobe positions @ tdc)

Cheers for the help bud, much appreciated, not looking foward to this job lol, plenty of pics before i start messing with the cams/chain to compare afterwords!

Back