cg13 cams in cg10, and non NAT'S ecu swap

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
first question, are the cg13 cams a straight swap into the cg10 inc shims? or could i just fit the cg13 head to the cg10? or are they diffrent? i know people have done the cam swap but not head swaps? also for people who have done this does it make a noticeable diffrance?

secondly would it be a hard job to swap the NATS ecu with a non-NATS ecu? as with mine beeing a facelift i wouldnt mind ridding of the speed limter.....

or would this mean i would have to change the loom aswell? i just want a cheap easy way of re-moving the limiter...i know micra-pete was on about doing it abit ago for the NATS ecu?

i have a apexi safc to mess around with the fueling...i know its said cg10's run rich for some reason and will pass with a janspeed manifold on! witch is my plan..i was also thinking ga16 injectors un needed i know, would that make a diffrance to my fueling!?

iirc craig got around 70bhp out of a 1.0 with 1.3 cams, a 4branch manifold inc aftermarket exhaust and a k&n filter!

while iam here does anyone else know any other 1.3-1.0 mods? just want a fast cg10 so its insureable.

squarepants

the cams are well worth swopping (5hp ish) the shims largely correct the different valve stem heights (the cam base circles are very uniform)
so its best to keep the shims in the head
if you are running big wheels you will be dissapointed with the 1.0, they have less grunt and need to be revved

What speed is th e limiter at?
You almost certainy won't pass a MOT with the manifold on, unless you bodge it with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (even that is debateable though).
I've still got an e-manage mapped for the above mods if you're interested?

Also, 1.3 cams makes a HUGE difference - my shims were all within spec, but this will vary with regards to the milages on the cams and also the engine.

Craig.

P.S. it was 73 hp :p

speed limiter on the facelift is 112mph but is indicated on the speedo at 120mph :)

will have to pass on the e-manage, iam poor :( lol

virtually any mod on a car will be uninsurable for someone on a provisional or just passing. we've gone through this already!

speed limiter on the facelift is 112mph but is indicated on the speedo at 120mph :)

who's told you that. the speed limiter on uk built k11 '98+ is 117mph confirmed in your car ;) achieved in 4th gear at 6200rpm ;);) not on a public road of course.

who's told you that. the speed limiter on uk built k11 '98+ is 117mph confirmed in your car ;) achieved in 4th gear at 6200rpm ;);) not on a public road of course.

oh right lol i ment 117mph dont know why i said 112! lol and is indicated at 120 on the speedo iirc. :p

117 in a 1 liter k11, no thanks, the limiter wants lowering down if anything, something say 75ish, lol

lol, i dont know what speed a 1.0 would reach with the above mods, could be just as fast as a std 1.3! altough i wouldnt know lol. i want to remove the limter for future plans once i build up my no claims i will be dropping the cg13 back in...just want a quickish 1.0 for now.

nats and japanese ecu's are limited to 180kph - 112mph, this is for all ecu's I have seen.

early k11s do not have a speed limit - well they do, its just not used.

anything different is either due to wheel size, mis-reading, or other external factor.

nats and japanese ecu's are limited to 180kph - 112mph, this is for all ecu's I have seen.

anything different is either due to wheel size, mis-reading, or other external factor.

yearh, so would be hard to fit a prefacelift ecu to remove the speed limiter? whats the easiest way to remove it?

yearh, so would be hard to fit a prefacelift ecu to remove the speed limiter? whats the easiest way to remove it?

dan, stop dreaming, you don't need to remove the limiter, unless you want to loose your lisence. try and get an insurance quote first on the planned mods :suspect:

dan, stop dreaming, you don't need to remove the limiter, unless you want to loose your lisence. try and get an insurance quote first on the planned mods :suspect:

iam not dreaming...i did say when i put the 1.3 back in! lol and once its stripped out aswell i wouldnt mind taking to some tracks and seeing what the top end will be etc (but that will be in a couple of years once it has cams etc)

i got over 120mph on a track when i put 1.6 injectors, rally induction kit and 1.3 cams on. it hit the black passed the numbers.

wheel size wouldn't affect the speed limiter only the 'actual' speed would be affected. it'd still be the same if i took the wheels off on axle stands. and unless the ecu gets a different reading/signal to the speedo from the same speedo drive, then mine is definately set at 117mph. it went well past 115mph. i think raceworx went to 117mph with datascan attatched aswell. i'll have to set it up on axle stands and get a vid.
i don't doubt the marchs being limited to 112mph as that's a legal requirement in japan, and they have different ecu setting to us, so maybe our uk ecu have a slightly higher speed limiter?

just checking somes roms, im holding my hands up, not all nats ecu's are limited. apologies

early japanese ecus are the same as early english ones, however the japanese don't use the nats ones, but a revised version of our early ones.

wrenchable, varous things work off the speed sensor, bypassing it is a bad idea.

Back