flywheel, cams and ecu

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
righto a few questions :),

i have at the mo a full exhaust system +filter and my next line of thinking was to go with tomei cams, jun flywheel and an ecu remap. also adding a ga16 box and clutch

would this be a worth while combo and what sort of bhp would be achieved?

any idea on cost would also be appreciated :)

cheers for any help graeme :)

Power wise you will be looking around the 110 mark at the fly.

Tomei cams are around £300 if i remember correctly and then you will need another £100 to get them fitted. Make sure you buy road/race spec cams and not race/rally cams as the car will become undrivable under normal conditions. To get the best benefit out of the cams you would need a ecu remap or a piggy back ecu (as you said) this will set you back £200-£300 roughly, although a replacement ecu will not produce anymore power it will smooth out the power delivery and torque curve.

I would not buy a Jun flywheel as this will become redundant as soon as you fit a ga16 clutch and gearbox. To get the GA16 clutch and gearbox to fit, i would follow George's guide and then buy a GA16 flywheel as they can be bought for half the price of those for a the CG13. Transmission lost will increase with the use of the GA16 parts, but this would be counterbalanced by the lightend flywheel. The end result would be a k11 with greater acceleration and a higher terminal velocity than one with a standard transmission.

Mike

out of interest what would be the diff in keeping the cg13 box and clutch instead of the ga16 and using a jun flywheel. would it be much slower than using the ga16 bits?

you will see more then 110, closer to 120 possibly over. Chie made 98bhp @ fly with full exhaust and induction. Micra pete had 113 bhp with the same mods and remap. Davey C also had these mods and made 109bhp. With the cams you will see monster power :D

right it looks like i'll be going for tomei cams ecu remap and jun flywheel, not bothering with ga16 box as the money for this will go on vented brakes and the rest of the suspension set up :)

now all i need to know is where do i get the cams, ecu and flywheel from?

cheers guys, graeme

Apex perfoprmance is supposed to be quite good, or prospec, there should be links if the sticky thread is still there fior k11 parts suppliers :)
You may have to get new followers which cost roughly £10 each from Nissan of which you have 16

:D bit obvious really when you think about it

also why would i need replacements? are these new ones different at all? or just better as no wear n tear? :)

because your old ones have bin following your old cams they wear together so they will work perfect together,

so its i good idea to get new followers with new cams so that they work perfectly together

Back