Need help! please!!!!

hi all

so ive got a k11 1.3 GX, one day i went to turn it on... and nothing not even ticking over completely dead, i went out and got a new battery that one also went flat, so i got a new altenator fitted than and recharged the battery, all seemed to be fine. my car has no mot at the mo so it was sat on my drive for 2 weeks, 2 days ago i drove it and left it at my sisters to get it MOT'ed, and she was unable to start it in the morning. i went over after work to try and start it and i cud turn the lights on but when i went to turn car on there was nothing it just clicked. we bumped it down the road and it would barely move had foot to the floor and it was popping and making wierd noises?
but before this when i turned my car on none of the electrics inside would work untill i reved the engine?????
has any one got any ideas cause im dying without my car!!!!!

cheers!!

There must be something constantly on if it's draining the battery that quick. What accessory's do you have on the car that aren't standard? is there a cap onto top the positive terminal on the battery so it won't short across the bonnet?

Shouldn't need a cap, mine doesn't have one, it could be shorting out somewhere.
With the engine turned off connect and ammeter in series with either the positive or the negative lead to the battery and see if there is any current draw with everything turned off in the car.

Good point Ceirwan, But do not try and start the engine with the amp meter attached because it'll break, lol. If it's drawing 0.5 amps plus this could drain a 20Ah battery in 40 hours (I think that's right) It should be no more than 0.25 really. This is to cover alarm systems and wot not.

Back