need gearbox or clutxh help guys

yikes, well there's ur problem :p looks like the clutch plate dampening springs have snapped oddly, u or mom done any aggressive launches in it? :D
also looked like the release bearing travelled too far (applied too much cable tension in attempt to compensate for the broken clutch plate that's not allowing it to fully disengage?) & struck the PP

e634b92645591d6704ea7e534e1f3e3d.jpg
1d1cf7544953bd66f376fddb4c26efdb.jpg
38d633828563a5028851b915cd9f7e46.jpg
b110de5e8da7329ef52e493fa2713137.jpg
e5713b76be9936625a9ba3297ba626f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah my mum is like old lady driver but sometimes, she always jump in their ways. ( she got to rev up until when the gap is ok)

@pollyp pp came out so the clutch came out same as pp came out. Now I forget which side that I need to put the clutch face to flywheel

the flatter side of the plate faces flywheel so nothing should foul the flywheel bolts, the side with all the hub/springs etc petruding out points to the gearbox

Cos reverse plug is on the gearbox.
a2e72abba3ed40f3f6bfe9f28c1ae5c7.jpg

How can this gearbox reverse plug to other plug. I don't see other plug so will have a look now

jeez that plates messed up, no wonder it's not working properly cos the unbalanced warped plate was constantly wedging between the PP/flywheel

Flywheel looks ok yea so will need to clean brake cleaner. Its luck clutch kit so it look like fitted last year before mum mum bought

Ok I am off to get new clutch kit and parts. Will regrease in this present gearbox but will follow on Haynes manual k11 PDFs

Last thing. How can I clean this flywheel? I can use this retainer clips on new clutch bearing and regrease around that area.
9611af921e228d232db22643270e5c17.jpg
7d8f33054f71bb989219afc2e7393d2d.jpg

Is it possible if I can clean this gearbox inside and outside with using wd40. These driveshaft inputs got covered by thick tissues. Oh yea driveside driveshaft inner got disconnect so is it possible if I can reboot or not?
faaa6a837969d417a052d96e09860e35.jpg
maybe I need to reconnet this clip on that above line
fbeec0e9440b2707f0c6d51b1865467b.jpg

urm u clean flywheel with a rag & brake/carb cleaner till it's shiney?

remove old release bearing, swap retainer clip onto new one.
wipe clean all the dirt off the input shaft collar, input shaft splines, clutch fork end,
smear some grease on input shaft collar, input shaft splines, clutch fork end, where release bearing touches the PP.
also a drop of oil into where the clutch arm pivot swings on the bellhousing.

do NOT spray wd40 inside ur gearbox n contaminate the gear oil. only use wd40 outside. inside engines n gearboxs must be kept clean & proper oil.

ermm did you yank! the driveshafts off the gearbox via pulling on the shafts & dislodging the inner boot rather than follow haynes guide on carefully levering the inner CV out the gearbox via a small access gap with flat-head?

and for the reverse switch plug, if the plug u found fits, it may work. most of the time I find the loom plugs are unique to their sockets.

This clutch alignment tool is so rubbish so I can't do it nicely. I am trying to make it straight line as this gearbox can go through

dya know how to use it? or followed the printed instructions?

unscrew the big cone bit all way back,
fully slacken the middle screw,
insert the tip through the PP & clutch plate assembly,
tighten the middle screw till the tip end locks onto the clutch plate spline hole,
screw the big cone towards the PP till it touches the fingers,
nudge the clutch plate around till the edge sides are exactly even distance away from the PP face sides so it's precisely centered (most important step),
tighten the big cone towards PP to secure its position,
now fit the clutch assembly onto flywheel n tighten PP bolts,
loosen the middle screw to release the tip end and remove tool, simples

getting the clutch plate centred on the PP face is very important so the input shafts & locating dowels line up, otherwise you'll never get the gearbox on or damage it.
when aligned correctly and the dowels are clean n fits the dowel holes exactly, the gearbox should simply slot in.

Update: the clutch and gear fitted in. The clutch pedal is so soft and smooth. Is it normal? Just want to say thank you for everything man. Now, I can fit or to know about new clutch, clutch adjustment and gearbox removal.

Update: the clutch and gear fitted in. The clutch pedal is so soft and smooth. Is it normal? Just want to say thank you for everything man. Now, I can fit or to know about new clutch, clutch adjustment and gearbox removal.

good lad, yep soft & smooth with no grinding reverse gear is how it should feel.
now ur better prepared for next time these symptoms happen.

Back