My ST nearly taken by scum!

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Had a really bad weekend with the St, basically started last week when I was asked to put the car in Modified Motors Show in Punchstown,Co. Kildare on sunday 11th in Ireland so I picked the car up Friday night and bought the girlfriend for a spin around Dublin city. Ended up stopped at a checkpoint where a fresh rookie female policewomen or bangarda as we Irish call them was'nt satisfied I had insurance on the car and proceeded to cease the car from me. I assure you I was insured. We were left standing at the side of the road for an hour in the cold, until a tow truck arrived as I told her I did'nt want her driving it and I would pay for the tow truck to take it away.

This was fine ,ended up getting home at 3am and then up early at 8am on saturday morning to prove to an experienced member of the gardai that I was insured to drive it properly, so everything was fine cleared it in the local station and he rang the pound to tell them I was on the way to collect the car.
So collected it free of charge " as there was a misunderstanding!"
Great to get it back!

So I locked it up in the underground in my apartment block, alarmed and a chain on the steering wheel.Went to the pub with a mate to watch the Ireland v Italy game came home got to bed around 1am. . .

Up at 7am Sunday to go to the show, went down to the car and noticed a dent above the drivers door handle( a knee print from trying the drivers door) but it was ok other than that although there was hand prints all over it, then my girlfriend walked around the passenger side and said "Ah Barry the door bent back"

So had a look, the door was bent back 2-3" at the top grr

Rang the cops ( Ya need them some times lol) they came down within minutes took details and wanted to take the car for finger prints, I said "No not a chance" .

So they left, I put my knee against the inside of the door and pulled it back in to straighten it, hopped in and drove it to the show:laugh:

Kept my mind off it for the day, looked well on the stand and got alot of attention, main thing is the damage is'nt noticable(Y)

Cant have the car up with me over night anymore now over this, very luck to still have it. I cant understand why they did'nt actually get into it other than they were disturbed.

Basterds

humm, i had a group of lads looking round my St at 3 in the morning so i told them to hop it or heads would roll...

That'll be what disturbed them then. Suggest you weld some angle iron inside the doors to stop them being bent back with ease. I know you're trying to keep your car looking standardish but it'd be worth it

lol, my dads mate had a frogeye sprite with 240volts running through it and a big sticker *WARNING 240VOLTS* that alarm only lasted a few weeks til the law had a word. lol.

anyway, lucky baz. i hate car jakers man. i say if you catch them you have the rite to toe them everywhere the car ever goes. lol :p

Glad its safe tho mate.

Only thing worse than a car thief is an amateur car thief...seriously, why not just throw a brick through the window next time... idiots!

I once knew a guy who stole a lot of cars and was very good at it. So good in fact that he only got caught once. However, due to all of his victims agreeing to have their car finger printed once it was located meant that when he showed up to court he was suddenly hit with 158 counts of theft and was locked up for 3 years... My point, there will be other car shows, but ensuring scumm like this are locked up for a significant amount of time when they get caught will ensure you have your car to put in shows another day.

That is very upsetting though Baz, I was upset enough when the local kids stole my valve caps for their bikes lol

Only thing worse than a car thief is an amateur car thief...seriously, why not just throw a brick through the window next time... idiots!

I once knew a guy who stole a lot of cars and was very good at it. So good in fact that he only got caught once. However, due to all of his victims agreeing to have their car finger printed once it was located meant that when he showed up to court he was suddenly hit with 158 counts of theft and was locked up for 3 years... My point, there will be other car shows, but ensuring scumm like this are locked up for a significant amount of time when they get caught will ensure you have your car to put in shows another day.

That is very upsetting though Baz, I was upset enough when the local kids stole my valve caps for their bikes lol

Cheers man, but aparently the agent that tows them away is known to have staff that like taking radio and valuables from the car and a few stolen recovered cars have gone missing from the storage yard so I was'nt risking it

Bloody Hell, man. Very Lucky on both occasions, last thing you want to see having your pride and joy smashed even burnt by Scum of the Earth.

lucky escape man.

sometimes i think its worthless having an alarm fitted as whens the last time you reacted to one going off in a mulitstory carpark?

yeah I don't think an alarm is much value. all my cars including the ST now have a gsm based tracker - when the alarm goes off it calls me. surely you guys can get the same thing locally, they are pretty cheap (I just paid $400AUD installed)

and if you're tightarse you can make one from a kit using an old nokia phone, i did it, it worked... told me when one of my workmates figured out how to break into my car as a prank... i was standing right behind him less than a minute later ready to punch him in the face

Get the carpark owners to install cameras, i would probably cry if my rusty ol' k10 was mutilated like this so cant imagine what it would be like if i owned a reasonable car lol

Back