My Micra don't want to start

Hello all, and excuse me for my poor English:wasntme:

I write in france, i got an Micra K11 1.3i Deluxe, year 1998.

This car was worked pefectly 12 years, and today, i take the car this morning, it start immedialty like ervery time, but this afternoon, nothing, "tututututututututututututtu", she don't want to start...

I call the dealer, but he have a place only the 17 march, it's too later for me, i need my car...

So at this time, i controled lot of thinks, i try start with the other key, nothing, the fuel comes into the "injection", so the pump and the fuse of the pump are ok...

But, there is no electricity on the wiring cable when i try to start the car, so i think it's maybe a captor or a sensor, what ca be the problem??

Thank for your help if you can read me :laugh:

Attachments

• SDC10255.JPG
    SDC10255.JPG
    274.3 KB · Views: 1,346
i,ve written the voltages on there manny :p and autodata

Thanks you very much, i'll take the volatage tomorrow, but i don't understant what you say...(the chain, snapped...)

Edit: ho i understand lo, no, the chain is no snapped, the noise of the motor when i try to start is "normaly"...

If the voltage is good, when can i see after that???

Thanks you!!!

I test it with contact ignition at "on"??

hooooooooooooo really i'm very sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy i don't undersand.....really sorry....:(

lol, yes ignition on, and there is an optical sensor inside the distributor that can fail (mine failed last year) :eek:

lol, yes ignition on,

Ok, thanks

and there is an optical sensor inside the distributor that can fail (mine failed last year) :eek:

Hooooooooooooooooo ok!!!

I understand now LOL !
Have you got a picture of this parts?

I must change this parts if its KO or i can repair it??

But, if i got the 12V and the 0>5V fluctuating ok, where can i see the other problem???

thanks to you very much!!!

Attachments

• SDC10233.JPG
    SDC10233.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 987
Thanks for the picture, i understand now....

But, 2 questions:

1° If i got 12V and 0>5V , the probleme is not the distributor??

2° In your picture, the one and the second are the same plug??

sdc10255t.jpg

Hello, so i take the voltage to the plug on the pin 1 and 2, i got 12V with the contact ignition in "ON" position.

but, how can i test the 0>5V ?

I must take the voltage with the wire connected ou with the wire disconnected?? (directly to the pin 1 and 3 of the socket)??

Hello, so i take the voltage to the plug on the pin 1 and 2, i got 12V with the contact ignition in "ON" position.

but, how can i test the 0>5V ?

I must take the voltage with the wire connected ou with the wire disconnected?? (directly to the pin 1 and 3 of the socket)??

i would stab 2 sewing pins into the wires personally, and check for a signal :grinning:
edit, we posted together lol :p

Hello Frank!!!!

So, if i undersand, i must take the voltage 0>5V with the wire connected to the socket??

not sure mate, i guess that the cas sends a signal to the ecu then the ecu adjusts the timing to suit conditions, then it signals the coil ?

not sure mate, i guess that the cas sends a signal to the ecu then the ecu adjusts the timing to suit conditions, then it signals the coil ?

I don't understand, you, personnaly, how do ou take the signal, with the plug connected to the socket or not connected to the socket???

When i connect it, i got 5,99V, when i disconnect, i got 0V, so i don't now at the moment if my distributor is KO or not, i want to buy one ine Ebay but if ot's not the good raison of the problem....

i would leave the plug in and stab 2 pins in the wires (3 cm away from the plug) then crank the engine with the key and watch the 5v go on and off, on and off maybe ?

i would leave the plug in and stab 2 pins in the wires (3 cm away from the plug) then crank the engine with the key and watch the 5v go on and off, on and off maybe ?

Ok, now i understand perfectly what you say me LOL!!

I go trying it now with a lamp lol (it's the nignt ) and i say you in 15 mn ;)

Hello all, today, tests on the snow in France LOL

photo0083d.jpg

So, ignition ON, i got 12V on the pin 1 and 2, that's OK.

And, plug connected, when i try to start the engine, i got 2,4V fluctuating to the pin 1 and 3, so it's OK...

Where is my problem???:suspect:

Now, i know my distributor is OK, see the pictures of the bonnet and the rotor:

photo0085a.jpg

photo0084z.jpg

What do you think about the tests and pictures??

Thanks(Y)

that looks ok (but a lot to spend if it does,nt fix the problem) maybe a member on here has one for sale ?

Hello guys, only to say you i have remplaced the distributor with the new buyed on your country, the Micra starded today, it's SUPEEEEEEEEEEEER!!!

A big thanks to Frank:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the picture, i understand now....

But, 2 questions:

1° If i got 12V and 0>5V , the probleme is not the distributor??

2° In your picture, the one and the second are the same plug??

sdc10255t.jpg

Glad you got this all sorted:D just read the whole thread, sorry i didnt help before.
For future reference: pin 1&2 are earth and power to the CPS and pin 3 is timing signal from sensor to ECU. then the ecu does its business with the signal and sends a signal through pin 6 to the power transistor, when the power transistor get the signal it earths the - side of the coil which causes the spark. So im guessing it was your power transistor or coil that had gone mate (i wont tell you that i have some of them knocking about that i could have sent your way:D)

attachment.php

You also could have tested to see if your coil was firing (which i guess it wasnt) by testing the light green/blue wire at the two pin plug for a fluctuating 12V signal (its a signal that tells the ecu that the spark event has been successfull, also the wire some people use for a tacho signal:))

Attachments

• Jpeg.JPG
    Jpeg.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 3,018
According to the service manual:
Both black wires: ground
Red wire: should go to ECU pin 1, controls the transistor for the coil.
Green/white: 12v feed to from ECU relay
White: crankshaft position signal to ECU
According to the service manual:
Both black wires: ground
Red wire: should go to ECU pin 1, controls the transistor for the coil.
Green/white: 12v feed to from ECU relay
White: crankshaft position signal to ECU
Thank's that helped me with my issue ?

Back