My old SR wont start??!?! help needed

mickey&me

Site Supporter
Hi all

I really need help, i have my little Micra SR standing in front of my driveway dead, it wont start??? dunno wats going on, the battery was ok and replaced but i think the idiot at halfords put the terminals on wrong cuz nothing works.

Let me start again lol, First i had a problem that the car wouldnt start wouldnt turn over so i thought it would be the battery and plus im trying to sell it. anyway every time i try starting it, it just wouldnt turn over. I Went to halfords to get a new battery just cuz im selling it and the idiot whom was putting the new one in put the wrong terminals in! i got a refund for the battery and the manager gave me the battery for free but now still the car wont start. Everything electrical doesnt work, like clock etc. i wana try and fix the car myself but i dunno wat to do?!?!

How can i get the car back to normal before that idiot swopped the terminals by accident??? is it simple or expensive?

Thanks all

I'd personally check the negative terminal and make sure it's earthed correctly. Can you jump start the car? Maybe the battery is fine but not charged? Also im not sure what relevance this has but check the fuses too. They might be blown and could have some effect

They connected the battery up the wrong way round?? Has it run at all since that happened? I'm not an electronics man but I know that the sort of damage that CAN cause is exepensive. Depending on the wiring of the Micra it could easily have blown all the fuses, it could have fried your ECU I guess, it could have done a bunch of really not nice things.

I would be straight down to Halfrauds shouting the odds. Like Arnold menitoned, can you jump start it?

nope nothing works, electronics i mean. plz dont scare me with the cost, im trying to get this car back up to scratch not spend more money on it. If it is a big problem ill make halfords pay for it from the newbie working there that couldnt fit a battery properly!! im in bit of an angry pickle here. ill have to go by bus to complain ill make them pay for that too lol

anyother things i can try to get it normal again?

nope nothing works, electronics i mean. plz dont scare me with the cost, im trying to get this car back up to scratch not spend more money on it. If it is a big problem ill make halfords pay for it from the newbie working there that couldnt fit a battery properly!! im in bit of an angry pickle here. ill have to go by bus to complain ill make them pay for that too lol

anyother things i can try to get it normal again?

Blame them anyway im sure its there fought, also sure they can afford to stump the cash!

I wasn't trying to scare you, I've never put the leads the wrong way round on a battery before so I don't know first hand what would happen, you would think that there would be measures in place in the electronics system to minimize damage when some wally sticks the leads the wrong way round, but I've read lots of stuff on the internet about it and it's caused lots of damage for several people. I would ring Halfords and tell them the situation...you're in a good situation because they have already admitted fault by replacing your battery. My father is the one to ask but he's not about at the moment, his phones not on, but I'll ask him when I hear from him.

thanx misterbaz

Hope it aint anything really bad, just dont want me second car dead, and my third car of the road lol. i have nothin to drive at the mo, my mate is letting me borrow his civic but i got bored of it already lol.

hope your father can help shed some light on this, thanx for asking him too lol

never let a micra know your sellin him........he go all moody
specialy the sr boy he temprementall----if your car dont start how it got to halford to put new batt-tow ups?--er anyho cant just not come on--my SR recently had the exact same prob- POLYP gave me the low down and he narrowed it to the ignition swith (behind the key barrel)were you put the key in to start him up

Back