My Mates Renault 5 Turbo.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
As my car is off the road and Tricky's is on after a long recon, it passed it's MOT after a couple of small minor issues. So what do you guys n' gals think?

His next couple of steps are Bucket seats and 15" Alloys, cough cough hopefully he'll be swapping with mine this sunday depending if they suit his Renault.

3975312014_bc0ed19799.jpg

3975312024_bc55fbf336.jpg

3975312030_9ff98c350b.jpg

3975312040_4ac17402d5.jpg

3975312058_c0f34e598f.jpg

3975312112_bddd731786.jpg

He's also custome made a side exhaust, I'm sure a chrome tip could finish it off, possibly a letter box type.

I love those old cars.. Never driven one, never want to it will ruin the dream... lol

Yeah shame they don't go as well as they look. I had a set of wheels like that, they go for around £120 without tyres iirc, swap for your 15's, then if you dnt like them sell them and get some almera 15's

I love those old cars.. Never driven one, never want to it will ruin the dream... lol

Was in one once, was bloody quick as in bye bye gt starlet fast. I would'nt mind the RWD turbo 2 but they are serious money. Seen the rally Maxi turbo in the Rally of the Lakes in Ireland but it was being towed as it broke down

there brilliant old cars, ive seen one in redline a few months back which ran a 12snd 1/4 on the 1.4 engine!

theres one up my scrappy tha now which is rare! lol.

but aye, it look nice! :D

wow thats a blast from the past, I used to have one once about 8 years ago, an 88 phaseII. Loved it they need alot of looking after can be fragile if not cared for, like any french cars. Turbos and carbs Mad!!! but when everythings working nothing like them. But if I ever buy a french car again it'll be another 106 gti, just as quick as the R5 and a car I could comfortably drive beyond its limit.

Thats very nice, one of the best colours. I'd much rater see it without the body mods, but his ride his way.

There's a very nice one been doing the rounds over the last couple of years, very low over ronal turbos, it looks the business.

I like the colour as well, I haven't been in his, but my mate had one when I used to live in Bracknell, and it was very quick and stuck to every curve of the road, he had to sell it because the 2nd gear was tempermental.

Rich's one he's put two different turbos welded together. It's very interesting knowing what all the pipes do at the same time very confusing, lol.

Well I should be posting some more pics of it later tomorrow.

Well, he came round today, but a couple of teething issues, he has bolts on his car and I have nuts but that isn't the issue, the issue is his bolts have a slightly smaller head to compared to mine, his socket won't fit into my alloy holes. But he's taken my rear ones for now to see if he can find a socket to fit.

Well last week Tricky finally fitted the 15"s to his Turbo, look really smart as you can see.

4051089410_e44b0cc238_m.jpg

On the weekend he had fitted the New Tyres to the Front wheels as they really needed it, took it for a test drive and ended parking it on the outside of a round-a-bout.

4051089508_7b000d5005_m.jpg

Well damage is New Door, New DS Wing and a little doing to the bumper apart from that it's fine. He told me he hit a pot hole and lifted the backend up and span out. Ooops.

Or maybe he was just hammering it and lost control! :)

You'd need one insane pothole to send you off the roads at normal speeds.

I'm not judging by the way, I like to drive fast as well, and have has similar mishaps... Just my observation on the situation lol.

thats so true. Everyone i talk to on forums/messenger when they have a accident were doing "safe normal speed". Suuuuure

3975312058_c0f34e598f.jpg

that turbo elbow looks like it has psoriasis :laugh:

na i love these little motors although they seem to got through a lot of bels.

shame about it ending up in a ditch....could be worse though

I think he's going to be keeping the alloys white, but I'm not 100% sure he has passed some random ideas at me which I thought, er no, lol.

That looked 100% better with the black 14"s.

Hope he gets it fixed soon, and glad it was just broken car not people.

Back