• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Will's K10

Will

Ex. Club Member
Hey all, I just joined as a proper forum member, so thought I'd make a blog!

I passed my test in august and the micra is my first car, its standard at the moment, except for an 8 ball gear knob and a couple of bird turds :laugh:

Apologies in advance for phone pictures and rubbish photoshops...
K11 is not mine, I was at a mates house and parked next to his mums car. Don't think she'll be joining the forum though :laugh:
micrastandard1.jpg

So at the moment the only change I've made is a new 8 Ball gear knob, but soon I should have-
-a new cd player
-freshly painted steelies

I was also thinking about getting a K&N filter, some door speakers and a new steering wheel, depending on money.

If I paint the wheels, it'll be with a paint brush as Im not confident taking off the wheels :blush: . I saw in a different thread recently a K11 with black/chrome lipped steelies (cant remember who though, sorry) and thought it looked awesome. I spent literally 30 seconds on GIMP doing this-
micraangleblackchrome2.jpg

Thoughts?

Anyway, thanks for reading and I'll hopefully update it with something interesting soon :)

H

hannibal

ive got a white k10 and ive painted my steelies white...they look great imo. I also found that mine had the original chrome centre caps and nuts which have cleaned up well. If your going to paint them i would try to find a set of chrome centres as they look much better.....nice k10 anyway mate

H

hannibal

yeah mine are factory standard mate....chrome with black micra logo in the middle with chrome domed nuts

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree diskwiped, it looks pretty natural I think.
Hannibal, do you have any pics of your set up? Might have a quick go and see what white looks like.
Cheers.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Welcome to the Club, great looking K10 you have there, I would say spray paint your steelies, there's a bloke one (Excuse me for not remembering who) but he's painted his lip of his standard steelies and the main section black and it looked ace. You can always do one at a time without having you car off the road by using a spare wheel.

Looks Smart though, looking forward to updates I do like the K10 shape.

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Thanks pjg, hopefully I'll be making at least semi-regular updates, shame christmas is coming and funds must be diverted :laugh:

Picture of Gear Knob, complete with grey interior and my 'makes children cry with its ugliness' steering wheel.
SP_A0247.jpg

SP_A0250.jpg

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
ive got black steelies with a silver rim and they look great ive also got the plastic centre caps in black and that looks great see my blog for pics

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Aaaah. Just wrote a big reply and then tried to quote something! Goodbye reply...

Right then. First off thanks for the kind words, nice to hear people like it! Its done 40k over 18 years, so everythings in great condition lol
Boyracer, had a look at your blog and thats pretty much the exact look Im going for, might have the lip a bit thinner. Very nice car too. Infact you all have nice cars...Need to up my game :laugh:

The plan of attack is to sort out a cd player and paint the wheels. I would already have a cd player, but my brother has offered me his old kenwood one, so I'm just waiting for him to sort that out.
Wheels will hopefully be done within a couple of weeks.

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Time for an update!

Lets get the bads things out of the way first.
Parked down the road from college today, went to leave and realised theres a huge dent in the roof, and a dent about an inch across on the top of the passenger side door. They wern't there this morning so its happened today. Im not sure if it was random, but I can't say I'm popular with the scum of the area...Will be on the look out.
Also, despite being pretty expensive my brothers cd player doesn't have an aux in as its quite old, so I'm going to have to buy a new one. But ordered all the cables/adapters earlier, so thats something.

Good stuff.
-Super glued the rubber thing that was hanging off the rear window, suprising how much differene it makes now its sorted.
-realised that instead of the lock on the boot being broken, it was infact me using the wrong key...at least it works now :laugh:
-Started painting the wheels. One more coat and the spare will be finished, then I can swap that with one of the wheels on the car and get them all done within a week or two.
SP_A0270.jpg

One last thing, had a 5 minute gap waiting for my lift to physio, so decided to 'bad man' the car :laugh:
Might be a good idea to squint at the screen or be far away, as its a poor excuse for editing!
micrabadmanlol.jpg

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Time for an update!

Lets get the bads things out of the way first.
Parked down the road from college today, went to leave and realised theres a huge dent in the roof, and a dent about an inch across on the top of the passenger side door. They wern't there this morning so its happened today. Im not sure if it was random, but I can't say I'm popular with the scum of the area...Will be on the look out.
Also, despite being pretty expensive my brothers cd player doesn't have an aux in as its quite old, so I'm going to have to buy a new one. But ordered all the cables/adapters earlier, so thats something.

Good stuff.
-Super glued the rubber thing that was hanging off the rear window, suprising how much differene it makes now its sorted.
-realised that instead of the lock on the boot being broken, it was infact me using the wrong key...at least it works now :laugh:
-Started painting the wheels. One more coat and the spare will be finished, then I can swap that with one of the wheels on the car and get them all done within a week or two.
SP_A0270.jpg

One last thing, had a 5 minute gap waiting for my lift to physio, so decided to 'bad man' the car :laugh:
Might be a good idea to squint at the screen or be far away, as its a poor excuse for editing!
micrabadmanlol.jpg
good work with the wheels and am not a fan of the eyebrows but thats my opinion good luck! (Y)

nexussteve

The reason you're happy!
Hey dude!
Welcome! Nice to see another K10!

Your interior is very similar to a Super S interior, except grey and not black...

(Sorry for late welcome, I must've missed this when you posted it up! :) )

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for the welcome :)
I actually quite like the interior, just hate the steering wheel!

Superls, I think yours look pretty nice actually, I just have a thing for black with chrome lips lol

Shaun, dont worry I wont be doing anything like that to the car :p Just got bored!

Spare is finished now, for some reason I dont have a jack in the car lol but my brother is bringing his round either tomorrow or friday, so will swap the spare with another one and get started on that!

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Picture of the finished wheel
Finish looks rubbish in the pic as I used my phone in a dark garage, but its actually pretty good (was never going to look amazing)
SP_A0273.jpg

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
looks pretty fantastic should get them weights on the back if you can after they are all done!

good luck! (Y)

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Quick Update

Fitted my CD player today, waheey.
Its a Sony something lol, got it for my 18th from my brother.
Sounds better but still a bit turd, need to sort out some speakers!
SP_A0292.jpg

SP_A0291.jpg

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
I've now decided to spray the wheels instead of brush paint them, as I wasn't that impressed with the finish of the first one. And also the guy who marked it out didnt get it perfectly circular, which I'd imagine would look awful when the wheel is spinning!
Was just looking for advice on lip colours. I'll primer it, spray it with the lip colour and then mark it out and spray the inside black. Should I go for white or silver for the lip colour? Or some other colour?
Cheers.

OP
OP
Will

Will

Ex. Club Member
Right, it's been a while since I posted on this, nothing much has happened recently as I've been waiting to see if it passed the MOT. Just got back from the place now, they're going to do a tiny bit of welding to one of the sills, and when thats done everything is peachy! So the modding can commence :)

I've been looking for some 15" wheels on ebay, and was also thinking of getting a new steering wheel, a K&N air filter and some new speakers.

I could do with some steering wheel recommendations though, as I'm not sure which ones will fit without a boss thing, which also confuses me :)

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
Hi

The primera and i think almera steering wheels will straight fit onto the k10 as my primera one did in my Super S blog. The Super S steering wheel (Sports style) will also fit if you can get the Super S boss with it, i believe these bosses will not work with aftermarket steering wheels though (the after market boss can be found easily on ebay :) )

Get going with the modding etc... (Y)

Steve

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Hi

The primera and i think almera steering wheels will straight fit onto the k10 as my primera one did in my Super S blog. The Super S steering wheel (Sports style) will also fit if you can get the Super S boss with it, i believe these bosses will not work with aftermarket steering wheels though (the after market boss can be found easily on ebay :) )

Get going with the modding etc... (Y)

Steve

yeah you are right the super s boss doesn't fit most aftermarket steering wheels with the top six pattern. cos the pcd is 75mm not 70mm iirc.