• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Horkan's Shamalam

You don't understand air flow and turbulence that's why ;) (joke). But in essence as the air is flowing in its hitting that ridge first. The path of least resistance is a gradual gradient. On these airbox they have manufactured a bump surrounding the mesh/TB opening. This is because air prefers to travel over the smoothest surface, and as a slight curve is smoother than a right angle the air will flow with less resistance.

As cold air intake are Ineffective I've had to think laterally of other possible restrictions. Which is why the pipe is now perfectly perpendicular with the airbox opening, again to smooth out the airflow.

Think of it like the stock k11 manifold, loads of sharp angles and ridges. Bit smoothing and grinding to aid flow and gains are easily had, as seen in franks manifolds.

If it works for the exhaust it should in theory work for the inlet too. Does that make sense?

James... I know what aerodynamics are :p

Just calling it aerodynamics... computer said no

You'd of loved my old celica intake :p

What was the celica intake like?

Also, I know this sounds daft but that tape thing has actually made a noticeable difference. No drop in power from 2-3 and 50-70 seems to be quicker. Not had a chance to floor it in second yet but I'll give it a go. Might try another 0-60 and see if it's any quicker

Back