My First Micra

CMF_charlie000

» CMF Member
Hi All!
Ok, this is my first post so please bear with me!!
I have just passed my driving test, and have got myself a 1994 Nissan Micra 1.3 K11, im absoloutley delighted with it -and see why so many People love them! The thing is, the previous owner/s havent taken very good care of it in terms of the exterior: the bonet has a dent in it, and there are plenty of scratches to the exterior paint work.
obviously, im trying to 'do it up' and some day, make it look (hopefully) as good as some of the Micra's on here.
The things im going to try and do are to replace the standard 13" wheels with 15" fox alloys, and to ideally get all the black plastic on the bumpers / wing mirrors etc sprayed the same colour as the car (metallic red), and to get the rear lights sorted by painting them with that stuff that makes them appear black.
Im concentrating on these exterior asthetics before doing the engine or whatever because this is going to be what people probably notice more...

Problem is, as this is my first car, i have no idea how to go about any of this fairly basic stuff!, so any ideas would be hugley appreciated!
Oh, and to make it extra interesting, i have a fairly limited budget so if any one knows how to do anything like that cheaply that would be even better!!!

Thanks guys!

CMF_kneival

» CMF Member
You can spray paint the small parts yourself such as the boot handle and mirrors. The other bits are best left to a spray shop. Some scratches might come out with T-Cut or perhaps a paint repair kit.

Go and find a local scrappy and get a new bonnet in the same colour!.

Personally I wouldnt black out the rear lights, looks bad and draws unwanted attention.

Before spending massive amounts of money tarting the car up find out how much it will cost as it might be worth buying another car (cosmetics can be expensive) and being your first car it might take a knock or two.

Back