• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Annabelle, My first Micra :)

So after using this website for the good part of a year now a couple of people I have bought bits and pieces off have told me to start a blog! :) however I work full time and have never got round to it, but found myself with some time on my hands so thought I would give it a go! Below I have included some recent pictures of my little beast :)

IMG_1018_zpsa4696859.jpg

Fairly Clean, have some alloys fitted, Just standard atm to make it look a little bit tidier :) small amount of rust was on the front arch but has been primed and awaiting painting.

IMG_1132_zpsdbbf8d5d.jpg

Front shot of the car with hollowed out front grills as my dad kept telling me the car looked like a butterfly >.> I like it with the chrome surroundings :) Also body coloured bump strips, and a cheeky little sticker :) paint on the grey plastic has been cleaned off since, messy me!

IMG_1131_zps0a9b7b70.jpg

Rear lights I put on for the novelty of having them, only cost me a tenner! also would like to get around to re-arranging the Micra badge so it says 'Mi car' haha :p

IMG_1084_zps32671747.jpg

Rev counter clocks I fitted which cost me around £25 if I recall correctly :) slightly higher mileage than the original dials, car is currently on around 82000 miles :)

IMG_0877_zps8fa06ad2.jpg

A picture of my sticker-bombed dash before I changed it back to standard as the stickers kept peeling up over time so got annoyed with it, but did look smart originally!

IMG_0737_zps76f5f353.jpg

And final picture for now, my lucky 12 pool ball gear knob, considering i'm a big pool player :p

Apart from all the aesthetically pleasing modifications; I have also got a 100nx airbox on the car with CAI leading to the front grilles, decat and frankspeed manifold. The car is a 1.0 facelift and since I have got it I must say the car drives beautifully apart from a very slight stiff gearbox linkeage, all I have had to replace was a leaky radiator which was easy as pie and a coolant sensor :) the full service history has probably helped tbh :)

will post more information about what I would like to achieve with the car shortly :) thank you for viewing!

So now I have the introduction out of the way it would be good to let you guys know what I am looking to do with the car :)

1) First things first I got a rear boot spoiler (small type) from my scrappy for free, Can you believe it!? my friend is in the process of painting it satin black to be put on the rear of the car :)
2) Tidy up bits of the paintwork, get round to painting the front arch section, unfortunately I had a little bump after coming out of a tight parking space which left the other side door of my car scarred ): the dent was so big i sourced a new door, however the paint is a slightly different shade due to weathering and stuff, so need to work out how to blend this in (will try get a picture asap)
3) looking on the website currently for a Cat back system, so if anyone has got one they want to sell please come my way!
4) remove side bump strips; will be doing this in the summer i think, purely because its always too cold to stand outside and its not a high priority

After I have got these bits and pieces sorted I can consider looking for aftermarket alloys, i like deep dish alloys like the 13x6's and such some members have on there cars, and with that also comes the lower suspension.

other bits I may want include steering wheel, like the corsica type, pop out windows (yet people say they are fiddly to fit?), splitters etc, front fog lights, and bits and pieces which will make my car unique ofcourse :)

5BA72DA2-569C-40B1-8A7F-DF01192DF8FB-406-0000003F11732D6D_zps9976bc4b.jpg

And the answer is......A pig :) im pretty sure they are supposed to be those door stop things? yet they work perfectly at staying a-top the parcel shelf :p

E251F0C8-54D1-4D58-8FAE-DD913C97A856-406-0000002FF01AB527_zpse05050e2.jpg

Just a quick update as well this is the door I talked about earlier in the thread, hence the slight colour mis match >.> when the weather gets dryer and less cold might use a G3 compound and bits and bobs to try and blend it a little, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated though!

F19554D9-86B0-44F1-B41E-2EA04D8F6429-3808-0000043239DCBB41_zps75599b05.jpg

Got the exhaust i bought off RandomHero fitted today, after much pain trying to get the bolts off the second cat when I picked it up, very loud system so gunna take some getting used to, also need to cut out a hole so the backbox doesn't hit the bumper like pictured :)

Hey, what did you use to sticker bomb?
Looking to do my snowboard but don't know whether to get vinyl sheets or individual stickers

Sorry to hijack your thread !

Hey, what did you use to sticker bomb?
Looking to do my snowboard but don't know whether to get vinyl sheets or individual stickers

Sorry to hijack your thread !
I used the stickerbomb books from Studio Rarekwai, it takes a fair bit of time but you can choose the stickers you like; although they stick would recommend sealing it with a couple of coats of PVA, and then topping it with a clear coat :) books cost about a tenner from amazon and what not.

Parked next to a micra yesterday same colour as this. Whilst admiring the colour I thought its a shame there isn't a blog on here with this colour. Guess I got my wish seeing this lol. Much nicer colour in person aswell. Pics don't do it justice

8834F697-4693-48AF-B731-A62E9366C891-3017-0000035075F461CC_zps0355eaca.jpg

So....the mid section was blowing and hanging rather low, with new gaskets, exhaust paste and a play around with the brackets we got it to sit how we wanted it (not gunna beech on speed bumps) also went to the scrappy down the road and got a purple bumper with a hole cut out for the exhaust to fit properly, also fitted a satin black mid spoiler to it which ill try get a shot of :)

Parked next to a micra yesterday same colour as this. Whilst admiring the colour I thought its a shame there isn't a blog on here with this colour. Guess I got my wish seeing this lol. Much nicer colour in person aswell. Pics don't do it justice
only thing I have to say about the colour is that its metallic so getting a nice matching colour when spraying is a little bit more effort, but yeah love the colour, I think I really like the purple pre-facelift colour :)