My first Micra. Wheel fitment question.

Hi Guys.

I've recently bought my first car (which is a Micra).

I love it but have been told it needs four new tyres to pass the MOT. The price I've been quoted for new one's are insane and not something I can afford right now. But I'm keen to get it road worth so I can be driving as soon as possible.

I know nothing about wheels and tyres (Except there important!) I don't care how they look as long as they are functional.

I've seen some wheels and tyres, size 175 65 R13, pcd is 4 x 100. Will they fit onto my Micra (K11) without any drama or modifications?

Thanks for any info.

Mary

hey mary

i have a set of 13" nissan alloys that came with my previous micra since new, fitted with yokohama tyres since july 2009 with 3-5mm thread left. alloys were refurb in 2008 so in good condition. £170-180

http://www.micra.org.uk/threads/373...ys-with-Yokohama-A-drive-175-70-13?highlight=

attachment..jpg
where abouts are ya based. i'm in north east, you could pick em up before sunday 2nd. won't be available afterwards cos i'll be on holiday till 15th

Hi

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking to spend that sort of money. Been offered the wheels as mentioned before for a very fair price.

Can you help me regarding whetther they would fit or not?

Hi

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not looking to spend that sort of money. Been offered the wheels as mentioned before for a very fair price.

Can you help me regarding whetther they would fit or not?

yeah they'll fit no probs. inside the alloys stamped behind the spokes are the specs for the wheel. make sure the offset number says sumthing like ET38.
car348..jpg
also measure the centre bore hole of the wheel and makes sure its at least 58.8mm diameter. if it's more than 2mm larger check if you can get adapter rings for em otherwise the wheels may sit slightly offset and cause vibrations at high speeds.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm honestly clueless at the moment about all this (but keen to learn) once I get her running I'll get some pics up. But literally only got her two days ago.

The wheels are coming from a golf or polo mk1/2. But their spec is as I posted on my first hit if that helps at all?

There going cheap down the road four for 40 quid, only steel rims but with as new tyres. Bargain if they fit

Careful I have some 14" Vw wheels in the garage pcd is 4x100 but the center bore (big hole in the middle) is 1mm out and is too small to fit on and would be too difficult or expensive to make fit.
If you choose these wheels ask if you can test fit them first on your car to ensure fitment before handing over cash and be dissapointed afterwards like myself :(
oh and welcome to the club! (Y)

hey guys i measured the centre bore and they were too small. turned out to be 58mm bang on so about 8mm out.

have seen some cheap alloys and wheels told there froma micra sport as: Alloys are 6J X R14.

will these definetly fit?

thanks people, you lot have been very helpful even though im a noob hehe

hey guys i measured the centre bore and they were too small. turned out to be 58mm bang on so about 8mm out.

have seen some cheap alloys and wheels told there froma micra sport as: Alloys are 6J X R14.

will these definetly fit?

thanks people, you lot have been very helpful even though im a noob hehe

If they are from a micra originally then yes shouldn't be a problem they should be 4x100 pcd and around et38 offset. Good luck (Y)

Renault, rover, volkswagon, toyota, vauxhall, honda, well basically anything thats NOT ford or Peugeot will fit, if the centre bore is too small than just get a set of spacers (these are cheap) to sort this problem.

Hey Guys,

I sorted out some 14" Alloy wheels (3 Spokes). Haven't collected them yet but will be on Monday.

Would like to say thank you to everyone who answered any of my questions and helped me out on this topic.

Many Thanks. Hope you all have a good weekend :)

Back