My first ever trip to Halfords tomorrow...

Nans_Micra

Ex. Club Member
I'm a new driver and tomorrow will be the first time I shop at Halfords. I'm composing a shopping list, and need your help. What do I want to buy when I get there, what do I NEED? No budget, open to any and all suggestions, ready for a Halfords binge!

Essentials;

1 x massive K&N Cone filter
1 x packet of 'chrome' tirim wire
2 x 16v badges, one for each wing
4 x 'crystal studded' centre caps
1 x ripspeed sunstrip, with flames

and lastly

a set of seat covers, preferably with dragons or other mythical creatures embroided on them.

___

On a serious note;

Buy some flourescent pink bike paint and paint your calipers and drums with it :D.

alloys. decent speakers and head unit.

Added to list...they'll fit all of that there so that's not too bad.

Essentials;

Added...

flourescent pink bike paint and paint your calipers and drums with it
Urmm, maybe not. Rather avoid the funny looks at the checkout. :)

How about cleaning and servicing stuff? I have no clue about those kind of things.

i know what you mean, the first thing you should buy is cleaning stuff. good shampoo, good wax, good interior cleaner, good washing mitts etc. So you could get it nice and clean before you start modding. hehe

there are hundreds to choose from, go for the one with the nicest packaging. lol

Don't go getting that stuff that littlewood listed as a joke...! lol

Get a good set of alloys, 4 stud, PCD = 100cm, get them to check they fit
Decent head unit, NOT RIPSPEED
Cleaning products
Air filter
Brake pads
Fuel filter
Oil filter
Screen wash
Spark plugs
Oil 10W 40

If you can do the service yourself that is ;)

++++

The most important one = sign up to this site :) Discounts on now!!

list so far...
alloys
speakers
head unit
sunstrip
autoglym kit
air filter
fuel ''
oil ''
screenwash
oil
pink bike paint:suspect:

What sort of sparkplugs should I be looking for?
Do they sell induction kits?

they do spark plugs and induction kits!

they usually have a book/manual that list all models of car and the part numbers for spark plugs......so easy......and if that isnt easy enough....just ask one of them to help you ;)

ull need to buy a universal induction kit in the form of a cone or mushroom etc
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_163573_langId_-1_categoryId_165660
and ull need an oil breather filter
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_181022_langId_-1_categoryId_165660

i know you said you like buying from shops.....so only trying to help, but ul find some bits cheaper online
naps

get a sunstrip out of b and q if you want a black one that is, £4 and you can get 2 out of it. its called fablon also get seat covers from tesco, there about £3 and there black and sit loose on the seats and look quite good in my opinion :) black spray paint from halfords though and spray the steelies :p angle grinder too and cut the springs LOL

i wouldnt even bother myself...halfords is a ripp off. i havent shopped there for about a year, last time i went in i brought a tin of paint...and it was the worst courlor match ever! aswell as costing about £9 :S

get a sunstrip out of b and q if you want a black one that is, £4 and you can get 2 out of it. its called fablon also get seat covers from tesco, there about £3 and there black and sit loose on the seats and look quite good in my opinion :) black spray paint from halfords though and spray the steelies :p angle grinder too and cut the springs LOL

Tesco car seat covers ftw! Although mine are halfords but they were in the sale, one of the best interior mods you can do imo :D

Essentials;

and lastly

a set of seat covers, preferably with dragons or other mythical creatures embroided on them.

___

On a serious note;

Buy some flourescent pink bike paint and paint your calipers and drums with it :D.

pmsl pmsl pmsl pmsl

dont get champion they are rubbish get some ngk there the best last twice as long!

fine, but i disagree, i run champion eon plugs and have for the last 15000miles. i even have a set of NGKR iridium spark plugs (at £18 each plug) that you can have for free as i realy do not like them at all, they are the worst plugs i have ever used!

fine, but i disagree, i run champion eon plugs and have for the last 15000miles. i even have a set of NGKR iridium spark plugs (at £18 each plug) that you can have for free as i realy do not like them at all, they are the worst plugs i have ever used!

i will have the ngk-r's ;) i need a set of decent plugs.

I prefer NGK's myself.

and I now use the local motorfactor, same stuff but much cheaper.... i.e. 4 x NGK's for £6 instead of £12.99.

i wouldnt even bother myself...halfords is a ripp off. i havent shopped there for about a year, last time i went in i brought a tin of paint...and it was the worst courlor match ever! aswell as costing about £9 :S
totaly agree me and ma mate went in and he can afford to buy speakers from there but cheap old me had to hit flea bay for them

go to halfords..... tell them you are a budding mechanic / college student studying mechanics and ask for a trade card..lol

halfrauds the place is a joke sorry to anyone that works there but you ask for something they come back with the opposite thing joke just the same as kwik-fit.

Like all places, if you know what you want you can use any place to your advantage.

Halfords does have its uses.

halfrauds the place is a joke sorry to anyone that works there but you ask for something they come back with the opposite thing joke just the same as kwik-fit.

you have had a poor service.

the thing is halfords requires a lot of product knowledge. its unfortunate that most of the people that work there are 17-22 years old and havent had the experience or drive to learn about the products. so they realy dont know what they are doing.

the company, brilliant, the shop, brilliant, the products again. brilliant. but the staff. 70% of the staff are ok, but the rest are complete waste of space muppets and are untrainable. i know as i used to be the one given the task of trying to train these lowlife scumbag college drop outs.

but the company is fine if you ask for the right person.(Y)

Back