Picking up my new 1.0 tomorrow

I had a micra a couple of years ago, sadly it wasn't worth for me to try and save it (rust ate it to death). I was planning on getting another because I really fell in love with it but I never got another for reasons I don't know. Tomorrow however, I'm going to finally pick up my second K11 tomorrow, first thing in the morning. Very excited to own one again! I'm planning on buying some mild lowering springs and some nice wheels but that's about it for what I have already planned for it.

It's 1995 1.0 manual with 130k miles on it. Just passed MOT & I checked the cars history and it has a very nice record of not failing one basically ever. It's very rust free, at least so the owner tells me. Well, having just passed MOT it can't be all rotten amirite? :p There's nothing major done to it, it only has a new aftermarket stereo.

So yeah, looking forward to picking it up tomorrow and I'll most definitely shoot a pic here when I have it. I've been lurking around here ever since I had the first one but I had to finally go ahead and make an account so I can share my micra adventures with like-minded people. All my friends and family with the exception of my brother that has had 2 k11's think they're ugly looking cars but I just can't help but find them sexy. Maybe we're all crazy here?

1Kuqf0o.jpg

Here she is :) It already has a decent alpine stereo with usb/aux as well but driver side speaker doesn't speak a word so I have to take a look at that. Windscreen has some quite big cracks in it but it has passed MOT with them due to none of them being anywhere in drivers way. They kinda circle around the windscreen on the edges :p I have to admit, the difference between 1.0 and 1.3 is HUGE. Even more so than I remembered. Doing 75mph was.. interesting. This little thing is most definitely not made for the higways:D I've never in my life been passed so much on the highway.

Something is making a metallic resonating sound that's somewhat annoying but it's not too bad. Might take a look at it @ some point. Other than that, it has very recently gotten new oxygen sensor, fuel pump and back muffler. Gears feel nice and find their spot without hassle. I don't know what to do with it now, maybe those rims and lowering springs. I'm thinking wide steelies for this one but we'll see.

Oh, and I have to say.. I love the color.

Back