my car aint running right :S

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
basiclly started it up this morning, and just kept dying after about 2 seconds, tried agian and died agian. tried agian and it ran until i touched the thrrottle and it died... sounded like the cam chian was beeing really noisey! like there was no oil in the head, on the cam chain or on the cams..

started it up agian, this time pumping the throttle, the egine kept poping (as if the sound was coming from the spark plugs) and it ran but anything under 3000 it would start to judder.... tapping throttle agian, it was just poping agian then ran....

then engine cheak light came one... i popped the bonnet, took out my spark plugs (seem fine, gave them a clean aswell) checked my ht leads (working fine) put it all back together... also topped up the oil...

car still was the same, anything under 3 it started to juddered all though felt better than the first few times i started it...

left it 20minutes, put some water in and strated it agian, anything under 3000for about a minute after starting it would judder....then it was running fine i still can feel the juddering at low revs slightly tho, not as bad as before but its there...

its not fuel as its got about £8-9's worth in.
its not the leads
its not the oil

so the problem is possiable plugs. (i have some new ones just aint fitted them yet)
water (topped up today...)
or antifreeze?

iam scrathing my head over this...what the frig is it!?

well ive got a spare dizzy in my shed, so might just swap them over and give that a try, the engine is out of an M-reg super s so its really old, and it doesnt help the fact it hasnt had a service for 3-4year!

well ive got a spare dizzy in my shed, so might just swap them over and give that a try, the engine is out of an M-reg super s so its really old, and it doesnt help the fact it hasnt had a service for 3-4year!

dan, is there any antifreeze in it ?

dont know lol dont look at the weather...its the first time its ever actted up! its been fine in cold weather before :S

i best put some anti frezze in then...

I started my almera after its been stood around a week..
..bearing in mind weve had well into -4 -5 for last few nights and baerly raising above 1/2 degrees in the day..

I started it and there was a squeeling noise.. Like the alternator belt was slipping..

I popped the hood and kept starting it, assuming it would free up..

There was suddenly loads of smoke and a crackling noise.. the waterpump was solid..no movement at all, frozen solid.. and the belt was whizzing round it..

It was the waterpump/powersteering pump belt..

I had to throw water on it, and snap it off.. Luckily there was water to hand. Need a new belt now.. Thankfully its not my main ride..

Dont assume that water cannot freeze inside the engine.. This can cause all manner of problems..

Dont say that if your thinking about advertising it pal.. :p

lol i aint now, plan on keeping it..getting it serviced asap tho ;)

p.s started up the car today and it ran fine first time :S no problems now.

Back