My car doesnt want to go to JAE!

There does seem to be what looks like a pool of oil in the inlet mani, nothing major more a light film

Mine was like that, it seems to just come from the cam cover breather near the oil filler cap where it dumps into the inlet. Since fitting the catch tank the inlets been staying dry. :)

Dizzy's worth a shot.

Mine was like that, it seems to just come from the cam cover breather near the oil filler cap where it dumps into the inlet. Since fitting the catch tank the inlets been staying dry. :)

Dizzy's worth a shot.

cool so nothing sinister.... at them moment anything is, ill update when i get to work if what i've done so far has helped

solarice said:
It does also pool fuel in the same area, if you overfuel like crazy. You'd have noticed the fuel smell though. :D

Can't say it smelt like fuel but according to Ed my cars running a little lean

Ok something new :( I've got a ****ing oil leak, cars been sat in the work carpark for roughly 7 1/2 hours and there's a small puddle under it beside the drivers wheel. Open the bonnet and it looks like it's spraying out from somewhere.

An check the oil level cause the dipstick handle snapped and I haven't been able to remove it since :(

This car is getting scrapped

Thought **** it and drove the car home (25 miles), got home and checked under the bonnet oil is getting sprayed from somewhere it's all over the engine bay and on the underside of the actual bonnet

Any suggestions?

Could be the crank oil seal, though any oil leaking out the inspection cover on the side could be being flicked up by the belts.

I'd be looking for something very simple first though :)

did you move any breather pipes while trying to cure the judder karl ? maybe caused the crankcase pressure to build up eh

Ok now it's my turn :(

Driving to work the car started to kangaroo, acting like it was going to stall. Foot to the floor and nothing, then it would shoot forward, hesitate, shoot forward and so on.

Now I'm guessing it's a lambda fault which is a major problem cause I haven't got time to get a new one before JAE and even if I did I have even less time to swap it over.

Does anyone have any other thoughts as to what it is?

Should mention I'll be swapping the HT leads when I get home in the morning, everything else was done a few months back when it was serviced
throttle body dude, had to run mine in third gear from edunburgh to grimsby at 6500rpm......

Would it be a good idea to create a PM conversation and all get everyone else's mob numbers?

Frank and karl:

How far away are your from the meeting point? Ill have both your numbers to give you an idea on the progress were making

Frank and karl:

How far away are your from the meeting point? Ill have both your numbers to give you an idea on the progress were making
Quarter mile from my parents, and 20 minutes from my house mate :) and i pm,d you my number a few days ago ;)

Well the juddering came back :( and I can't for the life of me find where the oil is coming from so sod it as long as the damn thing gets me to JAE the AA can bring me back (if needed)

Back