Mulholland Arches!

Robb

Site Supporter
JAM Arches!

Took delivery of a set last week (Y) (was on holiday):

DSC00537.jpg

Ok so if i get them replicated who wants a set? :)

ive got a set of genuine nismo ones, almost identical to these, depending on what model you have (and what bumpers) these will need alot of trimming to fit and will be better smoothed into the bodywork rather than bolted on.

I'd be interested if you could geta set of GRP arches with these moulded onto them.

Craig

The main reason i got these is to see them replicated, partly because of the demand but also because they will take a bit of work to go on a five door facelift lol. They are also thinner than i expected so i would be happier butchering a set knowing they arent the only new ones in the country!

So there you have it folks, if anyone knows somewhere good to get them repped by all means let me know. Im sure i could do a good job myself but looking at the popularity of them it might be worth looking for somewhere to take them first.

i hope that everyone realises that Matt Humphris sells these blended into the micra body.

he sells fibreglass wings with the arches already on, and a normal front and rear bumper with them moulded on and then a rear quarter panel with the arch on that can be bonded to the bodywork.

you really wont get better than Matt's stuff and he spend alot of money making these molds perfect so it is worth considering.

these were used on a red shell he was selling recently.

please keep in mind these need quite a bit of tweaking to fit a normal micra...which may or may not affect the type of material you make copies from (just a thought).

youd be closer, but micra bumpers vary in shape...though i think some are fatter cheeked than others (if you get what i mean lol)...which is where most of the tweaking was involved when fitting mine. (Dunno if it makes much difference, but mine were from a different Jap tuning company)

Ok ive just realised i dont know who manufactured them :blush: the title says Mulholland but i got them off AMY and the manufacturer was not specified at any point lol, these will basically make your prefacelift look just like Antony's or Napster's.

Could a set not be made to fit properly, then moulds taken from that one?

I trial fitted the rears when i got them and they are pretty snug (Y) cant trial fit the fronts as i have a facelift and the bit where the bumper meets the wing is a different shape (they will fit when i butcher a repped set though :devil:).

UPDATE

Spoke to a chap at a very reputable looking glass fibre shop, will be taking the arches there tommorow for a quote.

Took these to a well established place last week, should have one replica set made up a week from now to inspect.

.....wow optimistic are we?

lol are you thinking around the 150 - 180 mark for a full set or more for them Rob?

cheers,

Tom

They have a completed set but its still at the shop earliest i can see them (cos of work) is thursday, they would have a few sets done by now but as its a small business they were taking advantage of the good weather for other projects.

I'll start a for sale/group buy thread with full details when i get a set.

They have a completed set but its still at the shop earliest i can see them (cos of work) is thursday, they would have a few sets done by now but as its a small business they were taking advantage of the good weather for other projects.

I'll start a for sale/group buy thread with full details when i get a set.

any update on these copies yet??

Back