msn messenger problems

Ian

Ex. Club Member
Seems i've been having problems with this for ages now. Every time i try to log in the pogram hangs, just after i log on. It'll do this 5/6 times then finally work. I upgraded to the latest beta to see if it would help but its just the same. Any thoughts? Its doubful to be driver issues, or the fact im running a beta since its done this in none beta versions as well...

Make sure your firewall has allowed it access to the internet. Have you tried rolling it back to really old versions say 7.5? then 8 then live messenger?

I dont see how that would help, as the installer for messenger isnt an upgrade but rather a full stand alone program. yes it has clean access, i have the correct ports open on the router.

tried completely wiping it out then re-install the whole thing again?

cannot think of other solution, it could be that it doesnt like your com and its apps or internet connection or again firewall. have other online chat on as well conflicting with each other?

sorry couldnt be any help........

its a strange problem, no apperent cause as to why it should be doing it. Might just use windows messenger instead :\

im also having problems ppl are addin me to contact lists and i add them but it doesnt seem to be working...msn is just pants

check log files for an error number and do a search on that. you probably arent the first person to experience the above problem!

Back