56 reg micra activ problems

Hi all, I have just picked up my new k12, I have found water collecting in the front suspension cups under the bonnet (where the shock absorber bolts up) checked some forecourt models that show the same problem, also the boot lid has come open a couple of times whilst driving. has anyone had problems like this ?, or any other problems with this model ?,
car has the latest bluetooth fitted as standard and it's pretty cool !
I will try to post a pic of the problem area + pic of my new pride 'n' joy as soon as i can :love: :love: :love:

get it straight back to the dealership mate and take no hassle from them! The boot opening whilst driving is pretty annoying! The water in the strut top mounts could cause rust, id see if there was a cover mod thats been implemented for them.

Thought it was normal as all other cars are same, filled my strut tops with grease and will report to the dealer next week, I think i didn't slam the boot lid hard enough as i didn't want to damage it, probably a bit over cautious as it's my new baby, even #######ed the wife for getting too close to the kerb with my alloys, she was at least a foot away haha ! women are either up the kerb or in middle of the road when parked !, ooops, that should start something off from the fairer sex !!!:blush:

Hi all, I've had my micra since 2003. The problem of the water getting into the "strut tops" (if thats what you call them - always wondered what they were called) hasn't been fixed then.

I mentioned it to my garage several times before whilst the car was under warranty but service dept didn't want to know. Like you I checked other cars on the outside forecourt after it had been raining and they were also full of water. I was advised the suspension absorbers were hollow so water would run straight through it!! no doubt fobbing me off as I'm a girlie! What sort of grease have you used - I might do the same. Let us know if there are any covers that can be purchased. As I say on this one my garage not all that helpful. I also thought over time could rust. After heaving rain or washing car, I mess about mopping up the rain with a tissue to dry it out.

Hi LADYNISSAN, I mopped the water out with kitchen towel then filled with a thick grease from Halfords, You could use Vaseline as it would also allow the water to drain off . If I can find or make some covers, I will let you know.
Gaz.

I'll have a go at sticking the covers off my Toledo over them and see if they could be made to fit - all Golfs, A3s, Leons have them and they're not expensive to buy

Hi Bill, going back to using thick grease or vaseline - this wouldn't melt then or doesn't that area of the car "strut tops" get that hot to melt the grease/vaseline?

Hi Bill, going back to using thick grease or vaseline - this wouldn't melt then or doesn't that area of the car "strut tops" get that hot to melt the grease/vaseline?

This part of the car does not get hot at all, the grease would just get dirty after a while, just wipe it out and replace as required, mine is okay now.....until i find or make some covers.
Gaz.:laugh:

Haven't heard of either of those problems yet, only had one car through with the Bluetooth kit fitted which I sold last week, was a nice surprise to see it as we werent told about it as dealers lol

Strutnear.jpg
[/IMG] Grease filled front strut mount picture on my k12 1.4 Activ,
the gearbox sounds a bit rough compared to my last nissan ( primera 1.6 slx ), was like a Roller.
Micraside.jpg

Back