Heater Problems

Titch

Micra K11ng
Alright all,

Not been on in ages, loads seems to be happening! Anyways. Silver K11 has now got a problem with its heaters. Its not the usual problems of them not working, its just they don't seem very powerful! And also on the hot setting it takes ages to heat up and then when it does, there is no power behind it!

Any ideas?

Titch :kungfu:

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
Well they have been playing about with the head gasket - id check it all for leaks and check the thermostat is working properly!

R

RIK

K10Daz said:
Well they have been playing about with the head gasket -

who has? and why?

just swap the resistor card with your other k11's just to be sure

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
Already changed the card.
Have just had the head Gasket changed on the car as the old on was leaking. Don't think it's related though as it was doing it before. Maybe its just cause i'm used to the one in the orange K11, as its great!

OP
OP
Titch

Titch

Micra K11ng
What motor Ian? The blower one? Would draining the raditor have any effect on the heaters?

:kungfu:

K10Daz

If you do a radiator/coolant flush, it would probably make your heaters more warm if there is an airlock in the system, but if there was an airlock in the system then you would have other problems with overheating etc, Bring your motor over on saturday and ill have a look at it as i am off mate, plus iv got another few homers on that day so ill have my tools at mine!

Daz :alien:

K10Daz

iv never heard of a blower motor getting lazy mate, they just pack in...it could however be full of crap, and need a good clean and some good old lube!

Daz :alien: