MSC track day

Probably wants to see buckets and harnesses... maybe even battery isolator etc some track safety stuff

Probably wants to see buckets and harnesses... maybe even battery isolator etc some track safety stuff
Not necessarily
We're thinking the removal of rear seats and some trim is classed as a track car. There's no real definition of a track car out there. As anything can attend a track day :/

So some details

Date: Saturday 31st May/ Sunday 1st June (this date is not 100% set in stone just yet.. only 99%)

Track: Blyton Park
Its fairly eastern but its central so not too bad. Very good track, freshly resurfaced and large run offs (hopefully a tad more technical now)
They also have a gravel/dirt rally track for the rally cars

The names that jump to mind as potentially attending (as this is a full weekender not just a 1 day event)
Myself
@Huggy444
@McMicra
@Belly93
@Shamalam
@Kamarley
@Enuo
@pollyp

I have 3 people local to me wanting to attend to :)

Hi Andy.

First off please may I ask exactly how many cars? Also are the road registered cars going to be used for any form of competition motorsport?

I ask this because we don’t host testing for road cars unless they are going to be used for competing. i.e. sprinting. The reason we don’t allow it is because road cars are suitable for running on track days in which there are several run at Blyton Park throughout the year.

The rally cars aren’t a problem as they are competition cars. You can book either a 4 hour slot or a full day slot.

Costs on those are as follows:

For a 4 hour slot (9am-1pm or 1pm-5pmavailable circuit time) the cost is £185 +VAT for 1 car, additional cars are charged £92.50 +VAT each.

For a full day slot (9am-5pm available circuit time) the cost is £350 +VAT for 1 car, additional cars are charged £175 +VAT each

As long as we say we're testing for hillclimbs/sprints and make some minor modifications beforehand we'll be fine for the cheaper testing sessions

Simple temporary removal of rear seats and trim. Other possibilities like add on a tow strap and fire extinguisher to give it a competition car feel will help us pass this stage

I'd say its only fair we spread the cost evenly especially in the case of car one.

I've asked if we can book 2x 4 hour slots as not everyone will want to do a full day. But should numbers permit be able to spread ourselves over a full day... if you follow me. Say 10 attended. 1 lot of 5 for the first 4 hours. 2nd lot in the next 4

Price is per car... not per driver it would seem.. so if you're willing to share it could lower costs (I'm not sharing however ;))

Details to note
In 4 hours. Shared between a few of us I can't see tyres getting worn out and half a tank of fuel will suffice

Last edited:
so no road cars allowed cos they can go on the other public trackdays?
and its £175 ex vat plus driver fee for a private testing day? sounds abit too dear for me tbh.

the other public trackdays on sat/sun are only £139 open pit all day

so no road cars allowed cos they can go on the other public trackdays?
and its £175 ex vat plus driver fee for a private testing day? sounds abit too dear for me tbh.

the other public trackdays on sat/sun are only £139 open pit all day
That's what they're sayong but those with an interest in motorsport they'll allow

Not sure where you've got the driver fee from though?

Option 2
The only issue with this one is the date. But if people dont mind booking a day off and me extending this weekender a day or 2..

Then we have Cadwell Park at £69 evening session, open pit lane
That's Thursday 29th May

Last edited:
IF you can muster about 8 cars yeh, i was closer than your £65 quote tho :)
Ah I didn't see that latter quote.
If I said at the time it was £65... it would have been £65 and most likely a full day :) although I didn't realise I'd entered a pricing competition :p

Edit: Found the previous e-mail its £50+VAT and £5 helmet hire... £65 :)

Last edited:
I've devised a quick itinerary of the 4 days
Thursday - Group food shop (msc convoy to asda), Car prep, BBQ and Track Day (evening)
Friday - Nothing planned so a day of meeting the other cars properly, potential part fitting, BBQ and evening Airsoft
Saturday - More car prep, All car friendly rally, Another food run, BBQ and a social evening
Sunday - Nothing planned as people prepare to leave but I'm sure a BBQ will be required. There is also a daytime Airsoft event for for those interested.

There's no ticket to buy but obviously some money will be required for certain events in the day and possibly a place to stay overnight. Of course attendance isn't necessary for all 4 days and no event is compulsory you can pick and choose what you do. There are other things I can point you in the direction of, what's listed is just local and available at the time :)

As a rough cost
Track day evening - £69 (+£20fuel)
Food - I'd say £20 would do all 4 days BBQ wise (any extra is up to you)
Alcohol - Totally up to yourselves
Airsoft evening - Used to be £12.50 for 7-11pm, weapon hire being extra £10 (I'll double check)
All car Rally - Should be free but if it costs I can't see it being more than £10 +fuel
Airsoft daytime - £15 for 10am-4pm day, weapon hire as before

I'll confirm all prices soon.. but I hope it looks entertaining enough.
The biggest cost is fuel and the track day... which is a Thursday anyway and I'd assume most people won't arrive until Friday night/Saturday anyway. Which I make to be less than £60 :)
Although its not all guaranteed to work out this way I'm very much a do what you want person so it could be totally different :p

Must note this is NOT an official MSC event and the MSC isn't responsible for any part of it... Other than this thread to advertise it

Last edited:
Back