MSC track day

its a track day not a race.
for allowing individuals to have fun in their vehicles in a safe controlled environment.
rules would state no racing, timing nor dangerous driving allowed.

Pffft

I'm coming equipped with boadicea wheels spikes!

You could spend pennies on a digital electro super lap timer... or ask someone to stopwatch you :)

I check my times afterwards from the onboard video timestamp.

I also have a FastTime 21 digital stopwatch I once brought for dad at Oulton to keep time, but he'd rather go photograph stuff so twas never used :rolleyes:

there,s a perfectly good trackday organised at RRG/prescott this year, challenging and technical hillclimb/white knuckle ride (£25/session iirc)
no que-ing at the gate on the last 2 yrs, camping nearby, and grass to sit on, and tree,s for shade

there,s a perfectly good trackday organised at RRG/prescott this year, challenging and technical hillclimb/white knuckle ride (£25/session iirc)
no que-ing at the gate on the last 2 yrs, camping nearby, and grass to sit on, and tree,s for shade
Meant for our msc track day next year :)

In order to reply toI Karl first message: would be IN. Sorry for the late reply I've been off the forum during a few days for some various reasons.

Hope you dont think I'm treading on your toes here @karlj
But me and Alex (huggy444) looked into track day (called test day ;))
Its considerably cheaper than a track day and the more that attend the cheaper it gets

We all however need a 'mentor' to show we're actually testing and improving. I'm willing to put my company name forward to cover us all if necessary.
Minimum requirements is a track orientated car, helmet and some overalls.
Car sharing is permitted

As a rough idea its £160 for the first person... and goes down to what will work out as £80 per person. The more the better

Price is only an estimate from blyton parks owner at the moment, he really would prefer track orientated cars, ill email him regarding a club track day and see what the costs for that would be however.

I'd love to see a proper MSC trackday where we turn up en-masse. Bit unsure about it being a reality when history has shown the opposite :(

Maybe I will be proven wrong. Hope so, as I plan on hitting the tracks heavily next year now I am back in the UK and actually have proper use of my legs, which is an obvious benefit :p

I'd love to see a proper MSC trackday where we turn up en-masse. Bit unsure about it being a reality when history has shown the opposite :(

Maybe I will be proven wrong. Hope so, as I plan on hitting the tracks heavily next year now I am back in the UK and actually have proper use of my legs, which is an obvious benefit :p
This pleases me, yours is one car I definately would love to see in person :)

I really hope your proven wrong. There's a few track cars on here and I know the owners are eager to get and put them to the test

Need to get myself organised, id probably miss the first one =[.

Need to time it so I get to @h701micras and get the engine swapped then track day then next day :L

I really hope your proven wrong. There's a few track cars on here and I know the owners are eager to get and put them to the test

got last chance to get this forged piston engine engine working with ed next year. when that's a success and the cars prepped and incomes better I'd luv an action day

Late ish next year please, I have a massive trip to the 'ring planned for may/june time :)
(personal holiday)

ooh I'd luv to go on the ring one day but could never plan out all the logistics.
you have info bout preps in getting there, language, insurance, breakdown, pricing, worse case scenario plan etc

Going:

Huggy444
Enuo
Joe K11
H701micra (me coming is a given)

Copy and add names, only a unaccurate list as pricing and dates not sorted

ooh I'd luv to go on the ring one day but could never plan out all the logistics.
you have info bout preps in getting there, language, insurance, breakdown, pricing, worse case scenario plan etc
Getting there: Ferry
Language: cracked copy of rosetta stone
Accomodation/worst case scenario: A mixture of 1 night at a hotel, my friend from hamburg, 30 day european travel cover with car insurer and eu health card. Pricing is still being worked out... (looking like £700 ish atm...)

cheers
thinking maybe she could be a trailer queen n take her there on a hired flatbed, go for a blast and if she breaks or crashes without injury then pop back on flatbed n drive back home without worry of record recovery charges.

language: bugga learning another language, maybe bring a pocket travel pictionary lol. heard that most of the popular tourism areas speak english

staying: got a friend in brussels

If be up for a track day I could do the date. Although the micra isn't in any way track oriented atm...

Some clubs share track days to keep costs down ( one I did with Mazda club was shared with mg or lotus)

Good luck anyways.

If be up for a track day I could do the date. Although the micra isn't in any way track oriented atm...

Some clubs share track days to keep costs down ( one I did with Mazda club was shared with mg or lotus)

Good luck anyways.
Bring it anyway. You may well be allowed on :)

Hi Alex, If you did a day with 4 cars (presumably all “juniors”) we would charge £80 plus VAT per car as long as we only have one on track at a time. A track day is a more complex proposition and costs will depend on numbers as we would need to have Public Liability Insurance in place for multiple vehicles and an appropriate level of marshal and recovery services (including medics). If you could muster 20 or so cars we could probably do something for a similar cost as above . To be honest its not really worth doing a half day at this time of year.

Got this reply from him, ill reply asking about cost for adults instead of juniors as well

Back