MOT on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Right, Car is going in for Test on Monday. Got to weld up a couple of bits and stop the exhaust from blowing but other thatn that it seems okay.
Any common problems anyone has experienced K10s failing on?
My mum had one a few years ago and it went through every MOT no probs for 3 years!
Cheers
Joe

mine just needed a welding job done to past its mot, and one of the lights on the back number plate

Mine failed on the fog and the light on the switch. Check all that sorta stuff cos you don't wanna fail on sommat stupid.

yer will be having a check round tomorrow morning bulbs etc. pretty sure my fog light works anyway cause i was flashing it at my mate behind earlier :p

havent lowered it yet! unless it fails on suspension in which case i'll probably order it!

micra110

i,ve been on a testers course and there are a few omissions on that list
i,ll have to rack my brain and do a guide like zanes,ez

micra110

i,ve been on a testers course and there are a few omissions on that list
i,ll have to rack my brain and do a guide like zanes,ez

I was looking at the Steering section and it doesn't mention up and down movement in the steering column...so that's another thing to look at. :wasntme:

I'd be happy to prepare/write that guide frank, if you can give me details (+photos?). As I'm a student I've got loads of time.

zanes

yes thats great, i,ll do it tonight ( it will be open office tho i,m afraid )
i might be able to dig up all the paperwork they gave us

well had it on the ramps at college today and it looks like rear dampers are leaking grr so will pressure wash them and hope for the best!

well its going in tomorrow so just got to hope for the best! on a positive not I get a k11 for the day while its in there!

Slighty reduced damping effect on both front dampers and Centre lower vehicle structure has slight corrosion! I was well pleased and surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back