Buying a K11 on Monday

So I'm hoping to buy a blue K11 Sport on Monday with the CG10DE. My current car is a Subaru Outback 2.5 and due to recent unemployment, I want something to replace it that's super easy to work on, parts cost nothing and I'm not constantly worrying about being financially screwed if anything goes wrong.

Body wise, it's pretty perfect. Front x-member is the only thing that I was slightly worried about, some flakiness and bubbling but not as bad as the others I've looked at and seems to hold up to a good prodding with ease, nothing on sills or arches and I plan to drive on Monday, was just looking for good bodywork for now as I know on these 90's jap cars that's more of an issue than the mechanics.

Anything else I should look out for apart from the obvious clutch / blowing exhaust / rough startup chain issues / steering issues? No service history but timing chain so doesn't worry me too much. Is £600 reasonable for a 2001 reg with 61k on the clock?

Last edited:
OP
OP
fooby
Good good, fingers crossed it drives as good as the bodywork! I'm getting a lot more excited to own a small cheap runaround that I don't have to constantly worry about it going wrong than I thought I would be. Feels liberating :p Hopefully fun too with a few handling mods!

OP
OP
fooby
Well I went for a drive, nice spec with clean paint and bodywork, only 61k on the clock and a few extras such as a sunroof, fogs and central locking.

Couple of small niggles. Despite what looks like a near new exhaust system, it's blowing slightly at the back box. I'm thinking it hasn't been sealed properly so that's job one and there's an advisory on the rear left brake which does feel a bit odd. Almost like a warped disk, but I'm pretty sure it has drums.

Other than that it's just the passenger window doesn't seem to be attached to anything. I can move it up and down with my hands but the winder does nothing. Shall be taking the trim off to try and sort that out later today!

Here's some pics from the all important first drive in the beautiful Northumberland national park!
IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg