Mods for a 1996 GX

Maccy

Young K11-er!
Hi there, in response to my intro thread recently, I've got myself a 1996 GX 1.0.

Just wondered what possible mods there are (not performance) that would add touches to this and also can someone walk me through changing the front speakers in the doors?!?!?! What size would I need also?

Thanks

Have a search around, there's more than enough information here on what changes you can make to your car. Also look through the K11 pictures thread to get some ideas.

15 and 16 seem to be the norm. 17's fit but might rub, again more details can be found if you search in the relevent sections :)

simple mods to start out with are to colour code little bits, door/boot handles mirrors/base plates etc. really makes a difference.

wheels-most people go with 15" with 195/45/15 tyres as they don't hinder the performance too much. Again this size is pretty close to the stock wheel size so won't give you too much of a false reading on your speedo.

lol at fraz.

Take them off and spray them with rattle cans (your paint colour will be under your bonnet) go to halfords and buy some spray paint.
Prime, paint and lacquer.
Alternatively if you can't be bothered to take them off, cover the surrounding area effictively and spray away!

get a haynes manual if you haven't already, it will show you how to remove the bits and bobs. I'd advise removing the handles before painting them.

Back