For sale (Sydney): 1996 K11 Nissan Micra LX (modified)

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
marchfront%20copy.jpg

For sale: 1996 K11 Nissan Micra LX (modified)

Alright guys, it’s time to put up the real for sale thread now. Have had a few enquiries already about the car, so to make it easier I’ll post up all the details for everyone to see.

The mighty track-spec Micra is now up seriously up for sale. Without going into my life story, I’m going back to uni now instead of work, so it makes more sense to have some extra cash.

You can check the build in this thread, which also has a full list of modifications:
https://micra.org.uk/cmf/message/31116

cliffnotes on tech specs:
N/A tuned micra, making 108hp (46% over stock). Tuned to handle like a go kart, with the best suspension money can buy from Japan, married to most of whiteline's catalogue, with semi slick tires (heaps of tread, heaps). Enough to match your average WRX and surpass the odd Skyline turbo, on the track of course.

Odo just clicked over 120,000kms. The last service performed by Indy @ IS Motor Racing when cams were tuned. Previous service 5,000km before that, conducted by myself. No accident history, you can see the chassis yourself, how straight it is.

In all honesty, I purchased the car for $6300 with only suspension mods. To get it where it is now, I’ve probably shelled out about $4500 of my own dosh. I don’t intend to lose too much out of this, so I’m asking for $8800. I’m a pretty easy guy, I will negotiate if the buyer is serious, I’m just after an easy sale.

As I’ve said to the guys who’ve emailed me. I know this is some serious coin to shell out for a Micra, I said that to myself when I bought it at $6300, and it didn’t even have an exhaust! (but had $2800 coilovers… go figure). But you are buying the complete track spec package. I can in all honesty say, the chassis and suspension will handle whatever you want to chuck at it… It’s really up to your own preference whether you want to take it to another level in N/A or turbo the sissy.

Nothing needs to be fixed in this micra, I have a CV Joint that’ll go on next week and that’s about it, seriously. However, it will need REGO as it expires next month. I’m trying to think of anything else for potential buyers, but the only thing that comes to my mind is the horrible paint job, which some people think (including me), gives it character haha. Of course, buyers should know what they are getting themselves into, it goes without saying, if you are expecting a bearable everyday driver thats nice to take out your folks in, well... you know.

So, to sum it up

$8800 ONO, No separating bits. Everything is a package and needs to be that way.

Please, I’m only inviting those who are super-keen and cash-ready (which means if, you need to arrange finance first, or need to sell your car first, talk to me after). I know it will sell in time, and I only have intentions to pass it on to another like-minded Micra nut. As I said before, it can be a really easy sale and there is someone out there who will get a super potential package.

Inspection available. Located in Bankstown or Sydney.

Email on… daniel AT soasiandvd DOT com DOT au
or call 0421 217 831

Thank you micra.com.au for all the technical help and moral support while I was here!

Cheers
Daniel

PS please reserve your comments on the price if you are not content with it.

25/2/2008
Price update.
Taking $6800 not negotiable
Reason for price drop... Rego is due soon! Have pink slip ready for buyers.

CMF_nsm

» CMF Member
what a car....easpecially after the I S Motorsport treatment i can honestly say that this would be one hell of an affordable track car...just a pity baby prams dont fit in the back though,lol...

nick...

CMF_Tony

» CMF Member
Sorry for hijacking the thread,but this time i think we are watching like voltchers to swoop down and buy all your parts when you part it out,between turbo and my self we could split it 50/50

Tony WROTE:

"Sorry for hijacking the thread,but this time i think we are watching like voltchers to swoop down and buy all your parts when you part it out,between turbo and my self we could split it 50/50

sorry bud. your on your own, aint nothing there that's of any use to me... i've got the coilover issue sorted now :)

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
good luck with the sale..

we all know you never get back what you put into the car...i wish I could have sold my micra for 20K :)

if it were cheaper and in melbourne i might have reignited some old micra flame..

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
very small hairline cracks on the driver side along the screws where it bolts into the chassis... so apparent when u pop the bonnet, but i think the cracks are only paint deep... fitment is pretty good to be honest, lines up fine with all the panels... it's just that I'd rather something more aggressive to fit wider wheels with lower offsets:) How much further can you hand pump out the front guards?? Although these fenders are fibreglass like my rear bumper, they're quite strong, but I wouldn't be leaning on them or anything hehe...

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
Man, just went for a quick spirited drive in it through some twisties and I don't know why the hell I'm selling it now lol...

Car just handles like it's on rails, especially with these tires which are still so chunky after 5,000kms and 2 track days... It just feels so solid and tight, like everything is just put together and done well... Vibrates a little in the cabin now because cams are well-bedded in, but I can't get over how lumpy it sounds and it's awesome! Above 4500rpm and the cams really start doing the job... Have had some friends drive it and they all complimented how well it handles and how zippy it is for a 1.3L, honestly,... you won't find better! The price I have it at now, is a complete steal. Not going to go down again.

Had someone call me and wanted to pay 6.5 without looking at the car, if I needed it that badly I would've taken it, pretty much told him to piss off politely. But someone who is throwing that price at me is obviously not appreciating it... yknow what I mean?

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
Nah I'd rather not have given it to this cocky guy who would've written it off the next week:) It's all about the way you say it and make the offer... And hey 300 is a lot! :p

See... to me, the car is worth more than what i'm asking for... So for someone to offer me less, even after that massive price drop... well it's just an insult. I know that type of owner, isn't going to appreciate the car... you dig??

aaron WROTE:

"lol i reckon..i'd have taken the offer while you had one..people don't come around to buy these cars often

especially this one, i mean, i can see the value in the parts, but i think not to many other people would see the value.. only people on this site i guess.. who already have there own cars :(

sodaniel WROTE:

"Nah I'd rather not have given it to this cocky guy who would've written it off the next week:) It's all about the way you say it and make the offer... And hey 300 is a lot! :p

who cares if he writes it off on the way home, you get your money, then offer to buy it back of him for $500 and put all the good **** into another shell :D tell him he can have it for 6.5 with standard guards :D, n i'll swap you mine and 300! ... it might be worth more to you, but at the end of the day, its only worth what someone wants to give you.

smidge

» CMF Member
anything less than a 10% discount on your asking price is a good offer i reckon! if thats a no bull**** drive here and take it away offer, then it's pretty bloody good...

that said, your car and you can do with it what you like :D

if it were me i would have sad bye bye to it and not bought a new pair of shoes for an extra few weeks

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
LOL you really want those guards aye turbo? They're not going anywhere, I can't use standard guards with my +20 offset wheels.

Yeah I'm just thinking what's next on the charts... looking at an AE111 Levin (import) or another NA8C MX-5:)

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
mx1.jpg

mx2.jpg

The old MX-5 Clubman which is still the best car I've ever owned. Sold it early last year, for a touch over $19,000. Keen on getting another one, but in British Racing Green with tan interior!

holly ****! 19k for a hair dresser's car! :D i'm calling you when i wana sell my car

... i guess.. if i didn't really need the money, i woulda told the guy to **** of aswell. i know what you mean about ppl being cocky... just like going to the wreckers, and the **** charging you $50 for part "X" when it should be $10... you know you'll never go back and rather pay $120 for a new one.

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
Haha yeah it's true... With the MX-5 still lost about $5,000 all up though (which is roughly what I stand to lose with the Micra)... It was a Clubman model (standard with LSD, hardtop, bilsteins) only 140 in the country... 93 model and only had 65,000kms on the clock! The extent of modification was roughly the same as the micra, without engine work... With all cars, the right buyer will reveal themself eventually.

if u can modify a car and only lose 5k, then your doin really well... but i guess, it depends what you've spent money on.... anyway, point is, if someone wants this, it'll definately be a fun car. and only buy it if you intend to keep it for more than 5mins! *cough* sodaniel :)

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
Hey sport.. yeah standard drums on the end... to be honest, never occurred to me to upgrade brakes more than they are... last time went out on the track, didn't need to use them much at all, and even OEM N15 set up didn't fade a bit.

Not sure about putting heater back in, my one was busted and didn't work, so I pulled it out altogether... It's probably going to take a while but I'm sure you could with the right tools and know-how.

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
Yeah MX-5 was doing 1:14.4 in wakefield at it's best... Had full exhaust and cold air intake, coilovers, swaybars, tie bars, braces, semi slicks, LSD and a very aggressive wheel alignment. It was probably pushing out around 105-110kw @ the engine... So not that much either, but it was the handling mods that made it quick.

Micra is yet to go down with the new power set up, but I suspect about 1:17 if not better...

For reference... I think pretty much, your average driver with an R33 turbo or similar will do around 1:18+, WRX or S15 maybe a little bit less, and an Integra Type-R DC2 doing around 1:14... all in standard trim.

But bear in mind, the Micra is a lot more easier to drive on the track because it's just very predictable as in it will just understeer. The MX-5 is quite predictable too for a RWD but if you're not used to it, will take a while to get a hang of it.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Sorry to post with more non for-sale related stuff, but that's one tough looking NA you had there. I've always dreamed about one for myself and I'd have wanted it to look exactly like your old one. Got good taste ;)

Good luck with the sale mate.

---dens

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
Thanks DeNs, it was a truly special car that one... If you're thinking about it too, all I can suggest is to sell the micra and go buy one, really.

Try to find a 1.8L model instead of the 1.6 though... friend of mine just recently picked up a 1.8L for about $9500 after haggling.

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
No worries sport...

Will let you know if anything goes on...

someone from Brissy is flying down tomorrow to take a look at it.

Have advertised on Carsales.com.au for same price too.

Not holding my breath for anything,so just let me know if you're keen...

CMF_evade

» CMF Member
yeah i guess can see where you are coming from with the cocky buyer thing..

sodaniel WROTE:

"Haha yeah it's true... With the MX-5 still lost about $5,000 all up though (which is roughly what I stand to lose with the Micra)... It was a Clubman model (standard with LSD, hardtop, bilsteins) only 140 in the country... 93 model and only had 65,000kms on the clock! The extent of modification was roughly the same as the micra, without engine work... With all cars, the right buyer will reveal themself eventually.

lol if you lose $5k i think you're doing OK..but i dont think of it as a loss..because its like you are 'investing' in the car to get a financial gain

if I said I lost $15k on my micra, cisco lost about $40k ..makes you feel a bit depressed..hahah..so i tend to not look at it like that

CMF_sodaniel

» CMF Member
It's not being driven much anymore, probably once a week max... Have another car, just better for me financially as I delve into Uni full-time. If situation allows, will look at getting some other toy in a few months time:)

How long have you had yours for? What did you drive before the micra?

i've had my red one for just over 1.5yrs now... what didn't i drive before the micra :) most notable car would be my s14, spent a crap load on that. made 330kw @wheels, built engine, highmount, external gate, motec etc. then a cordia, similar build but 330 HP @ wheels, then a vy ss ute, then a gemini, then the micra, with heaps of cars inbetween, silvia's, skylines, new cars arrive here every couple of weeks :)

Back