modifying brake servo???????

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
is there anyway of modifying a brake servo and it still being ok?

The reason i ask so the quad throttlebodies fitted the brake servo was removed to stop obstruction. However need to replace it with something that'll fit and be as effective?

any ideas?

ive seen people move the pivot on the brake pedal futher up to give more leverage on the pedal. not sure how they have done it, but apparently it makes all the differance. might be an option to consider?

no i mean, where the brake pedal assembly (inside the car) attaches to the framework theres a point where it pivots (for instance lets say its 6 inches up the pedal) if this pivot was moved futher up the pedal to say 12 inches, it would give twice the ammount of pressure on the brakes for the same ammount of effort on the pedal?

paul, i think your gonna have to tilt the engine (ie,raise the r/mount).
or fit the t/b,s to a lhd car :upside:, many old cars had a remote servo (master cylinder on the baulkhead, and the servo on the flitch) but the were 2 channel only (diagonally split braking system)

I have a tilton rally brake servo that you can swap it over for and it will leave lots of room and prob give better braking!
You interested in it I will sell it to you, I dont need it as my car is LHD so it doesnt foul it.
For guidance demon tweeks price is £101+vat

Hi Paul,

The plate is 9cm by 11cm

It doesnt need a vacum attached and the fluid res can be located any place or you can have it on the servo as it has both options in the photo.

Photos are here,

101_0536.jpg

101_0537.jpg

101_0538.jpg

101_0539.jpg

Throttlebodies are running exceedingly well, i do not have a blog on this but they have been on a few months now and running really well, feel free to ask any questions or PM me

Thanks, really I'd just like to know a bit more about them, as I'm sure other people on here would too.

I see they are Jenveys, were they a kit or something you've put together? what ECU are you using etc.

I know that sticking some throttle bodies on a Vaux 1.6 16v engine gives a gain of 50+ hp, so wonder if a gain of 30-40hp on the Micra engine is possible with this mod?

Also how did you get around the servo clearance problem?

Thanks (Y)

Back