Brake servo leak any ideas from where to start?

funky2nite

Ex. Club Member
it's been going for quite a while now.. I know I deserve it for taking long.. I know.. it's been over a year, topping up brake fluid whenever the brake light comes up circa every 3 months. quick fix.. was too busy with the new place..

have a leak somwhere in the brake servo.. attached pictures, is this common on our k11's? and if yes what's the fix? am currently looking to go after parts requiring TLC and was thinking on sourcing a used brake servo off a breaking micra on eday.. what's your ideas?

20141004_193853_zpsf0a345a9.jpg

20141004_193839_zpsdb617937.jpg

20141004_193829_zps8d3ddeaf.jpg

20141004_193815_zps63456817.jpg

20141004_193801_zpsdd6fa30c.jpg

give it a clean for starters,
you may be right, and that idea have crossed my mind a couple of times but to be honest was worried that the cleaning agent will contaminate the brake fluid since a leak is there somehwere and it's not possible to clean it by just wiping. There's a lot of edges and a cleaning agent and brushing is essential, at minimal use pressure water..but again what about if it gets mixed with the brake fluid ?

thanks for your thought,

Ian - MALTA

It's your master cylinder that's leaking onto the brake servo. The servo is only the power assistance for the brakes. You will just need the master cylinder hopefully.

It's your master cylinder that's leaking onto the brake servo. The servo is only the power assistance for the brakes. You will just need the master cylinder hopefully.
Thanks man for the heads up. Should I pursue a new master cyclinder or a used one would do fine? Are we talking complexities should I take the job myself

Back