Modifications! (Not Car Related)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Hey Guys Just Started Modifying Things For My Xbox360 Wanted To Know If Any Of You Guys/Gals Have Done Similar Like PC Cases etc,
i.e Ive Just Finished Painting My Controller (could do with some more laquer)
and Put Blue LEDs In The Ring Of Light (lost one so getting some more through the post lol)
heres a link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjpZcem9rMg

So I Have Seen A Thread Of "Things You Have Made" - Now Things That You Have Modified!! (Not Including Your Cars :D)

done the whole modded pc thing inc cold cathodes, custom graphics way back in 99/2000

lian-li do a nice case for the 360 theres a few about with water cooling too

I have just built yet another pc. specs wise... coolermaster cosmos Pure v2, 3.09ghz i7 s1366, gigabyte mobo, 12 gb of ddr3 2000 ram, 3x Ati 4870 linked with 3 way crossfire, 2x 1.5tb western digital hdd's, 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

Its a bit of a monster tbh mainly multi use, photoshop work and a bit of web and php dev

done the whole modded pc thing inc cold cathodes, custom graphics way back in 99/2000

lian-li do a nice case for the 360 theres a few about with water cooling too

I have just built yet another pc. specs wise... coolermaster cosmos Pure v2, 3.09ghz i7 s1366, gigabyte mobo, 12 gb of ddr3 2000 ram, 3x Ati 4870 linked with 3 way crossfire, 2x 1.5tb western digital hdd's, 64 bit windows 7 ultimate

Its a bit of a monster tbh mainly multi use, photoshop work and a bit of web and php dev

that not only sounds about 4x times faster that mine just in ram lol how awesome how much did it set you all back though? ive always wanted a custom pc :grinning:

This is my xbox 360

090926_155450.jpg
090926_155505.jpg
090926_155514.jpg

I did the whole custom PC thing with cathodes too, and built a pc for my car although could do with sticking that in a proper case (its made of MDF lol), haven't really done much else

that not only sounds about 4x times faster that mine just in ram lol how awesome how much did it set you all back though? ive always wanted a custom pc :grinning:

fortunes. the case on its own is £160 this is an upgrade from my early Q6600 quad core system- main reason is windows 7 is much more stable that old vista

got some pics on my cam i will upload if you likes tomorrows

fortunes. the case on its own is £160 this is an upgrade from my early Q6600 quad core system- main reason is windows 7 is much more stable that old vista

got some pics on my cam i will upload if you likes tomorrows

excellent i think that would be nice to make me jealous lol you have a rough price for it in total cos i wanna make my own and hook it up to my 42" tv :p

Did custom PC a while a go.

Now just got PSP with custom firmware and custom XMB, with plenty of other features, such as being able to play on PC monitor via USB, and being able to put my games on a memory stick so I don't need to carry around the UMD's which makes the PSP now "portable"

THough, check out http://www.mrmodchips.com

I've got a customised PSP too, got aircrack on it which is a useful bit of software if you 'forget' the password to your wireless network

I dunno, it's been so long since I set it all up (well over a year) I just use it now.

Google it and you may be able to find more info

sorry i have been v.busy heres a quick pic

065.jpg

specs so far s1366 processor , gigabyte X58 mobo, 3x HD4870 graphics cards with zalman sinks as standard, corsair 12gb 6x 2gb ddr 3 2000+ 2x 1.5tb western digital "green" Hdd's, 4x 160gb western digital hdd's, corsair hx750 modular psu all wrapped up in a coolermaster cosmos case v2

think thats about it.

oh. got a quad core and another i7 in the pipeline but no time to play :(

I wish I understood a bit more of this computer techy business.

Here's a couple of mods of mine,

DSCI0089.jpg

The watch on the left started out as two different watches both 70's/early 80's vintage Seiko 5 automatics, the case had a fairly inocuious silver face with baton markers, and that face and movement came from a case with enclosed strap lugs that I didn't particuarly like the style of, so I swaped the movement into the case I liked. I had to use the winder from a third spares watch to get them to fit, and also to use a crown wheel that was in better condition than either of the other two. In that pic it's wearing a Hirsh rally strap that I thought went really well with the tacho style face. Sadly it's been long since auctioned off in an e-bay tat cull, something which I now really regret.

100_0951.jpg

This started out a as gold Minichamps Merc W123 coupe. They never issued a white coupe so this one got painted in MB Classic Weiss to match my car, it also got lowered a simmilar scale ammout to the full size one. I couldn't find any wheels that even looked a bit like the Speedline/BRM reps I had on the merc so its sitting on late model 5 spokes from another 1/43 MB model. Its pictured before I painted the silver and black details back in. I gave it to the lad who bought my Merc when he came to collect it.

Back